Feeling of Dread....

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I was not going to write about this, but I just can't seem to shake the feeling. Maybe I will feel better after I get it out....

As you know, difficult child is barely home from psychiatric hospital with no real supports in place other than our warning that if she breaks house rules we are calling police or having her returned to psychiatric hospital.

But the warning signs are already there....picking on her brother again for entertainment....laughing at other's misfortunes....little insulting comments and put-downs here and there....talking about getting revenge on people....making long-distance phone calls to some boy who lives upstate....asking for maps....sneaking around the house in the middle of the night.

I know that's it's only a matter of time before that next bad thing happens....and when it does, we will be prepared to take action....

but in the meanwhile, it's this game--while she tries to see how much she can get away with before she gets caught....

It's draining the life out of me....

I know the "bad thing" is coming....but I don't know when, where, or what it will be.

How can I cope...?

:(

--DaisyF

WSM

I understand; it's the same here. I don't know how you cope. My husband copes by denial, and I'm coping my planning to leave; neither is an option for you. It's hard when they are so young. (((((((((hugs)))))))))))

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Daisy... Take a deep breath. This is how difficult child 1 was for a long, long time.

Now that we knows what the cause is, and she is learning to trust us, and BM is out of her life... She's not so sneaky. But a lot of the things you mentioned - picking on her brother for entertainment, put downs, laughing at others' misfortune, revenge... We're still working on that.

Since she has an "escape hatch" - she is allowed to go outside, into the back yard, at any time of day or night, if she feels the need to get out... As long as she doesn't leave the back yard, the cops can't pick her up for curfew... She feels she has some control. So the sneaking around has dropped to nil - she tries not to disturb us, but neither is she too quiet which wakes me from the deepest sleep.

Then again she's been home from the psychiatric hospital for 6.5 months, too.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} I know what the dread is like. I hate it!