Feeling positive

lovemyson1

Hey good friends,

My last post I was complaining that my son was appearing to be falling again. He did choose to use some pain pills while still in the men's home telling us that it was a one time slip up. Fast forward a week or two and he was shipped off to another home for discipline. Well, the good news is that the new home is really working out better for him. You see, he was interested in going into the military when he finally leaves the home, but the original home he was in didn't encourage anything other than going into the ministry. My son was more interested in going into the military and eventually law enforcement like his father. So, he called us this weekend and said the new head of the house hold was ex-military and is encouraging him to sign up. This is very good news to us bc we feel he needs to have goals and be focused when he gets out. As a mom, I'm still concerned about the dangers of the military but over all I just want his health and happiness. So if this is what he wants then I'm happy for him. But still, there will always be temptation and opportunities for relapse. So, I have to hope and pray he stays strong when the time comes. It's just so wonderful the way God works, sending him to a different home that allows him to fulfill his dreams. Very glad for this!

New Leaf

Lovemyson1, I am so happy for you that things are progressing for your son into more hope, light and positivity.
So if this is what he wants then I'm happy for him. But still, there will always be temptation and opportunities for relapse. So, I have to hope and pray he stays strong when the time comes. It's just so wonderful the way God works, sending him to a different home that allows him to fulfill his dreams. Very glad for this!
Yes, there is always temptation and chance of relapse, but for now, dear sister warrior, you can push that to the back of your mind and focus on what is happening. It is such a good thing that he was able to find a place that would help him focus on the future he desires. I think this will help motivate him to choose differently. It is wonderful how God works, my prayers are with you and your son for continued brighter days ahead.
Thank you very much for sharing your joy.
It is an opportunity for all of us to keep the faith and hope fires burning for our beloveds.
(((HUGS)))
leafy

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
That is really great news LMS! Sometimes things that get us the most upset work out in the end.

For example, I think my son's last relapse/binge or whatever it was, as painful as it was, got us all to a good place!

I hope the same for you and your family.

lovemyson1

Thank you New Leaf and RN! It is a victory that's for sure! Any time our kids do something positive we must celebrate and reflect. He sounds so full of energy and life! He sounds excited and encouraged and hopeful. :angel: His birthday is coming up and our daughters, grandson and hubby and I are going to take him out to dinner. I have so much to be thankful for at this moment. I pray for all of us to have these victories over the horrendous afflictions of addiction!

Nature

I'm so glad to hear that your son is feeling positive and yes he does need goals and dreams to pursue in order to continue to thrive. So happy for you and your family!