feeling sorry for Hoochie

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by amazeofgrace, Aug 19, 2008.

1. amazeofgrace

amazeofgrace New Member

so difficult child I's girlfriend is being shipped to the Phillipians to live with family, her Mom and step Father have given up. I am not judging them, I am well aware of how much H&ll a teenager can cause, but it seems sad to see them just ship her off, and they're moving to a different State after she leaves!

So it is probably best for the both of them, I do not know alot about the Phillipians, but I think she will be living in a populated area, and maybe difficult child I and her will have a long distance relationship, they can't make babies, that way can they???
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  2. 4sumrzn

4sumrzn New Member

The last part works for me! No babies right now ;)

Aww....sounds like you did a very nice thing & let them spend some time together.

Hopefully the decision her Mom & step Father have made is the one that is the best for her ;)
  3. amazeofgrace

amazeofgrace New Member

That's the sad part, she also has an 11 y/o and two toddlers with her husband, I do not see alot of parental involvement, it seems they just want her out of their life, which again I can sincerely relate with, when difficult child I is at his worst I would like to send him to timbuktwo, but thinking and doing are 2 different things.
  4. Marcie Mac

Marcie Mac Just Plain Ole Tired

When my daughter was about 14 or 15, she had decided she was in love with a guy who promised to marry her and take her to El Salvadore where his dad was going to building them a house (with an added plus that everyone got a green card in the process) I can't tell you how many times I left work to go chase around the neighborhood looking for her, and found her in Mr. Rich Guys apartment - one room that he shared with his mother and three siblings (guess thats why his father had so much money..NOT)

She found herself on a plane and 3,000 miles later, the next day, was in residence in Pittsburgh. where she stayed for a long time till I moved far away from where we lived and until I felt it was safe to bring her back.

I couldn't chase after her every day, and I knew sooner or later, the odds of her getting herself in big doo doo, i.e. quitting school and pregnant were looming, and nothing I was saying was sinking in..

I can give you one piece of advice, make sure your phone is blocked for long distance phone calls - I don't even want to tell you what kind of phone bill we were looking at for a few months.

5. amazeofgrace

amazeofgrace New Member

LOL my Mom just told difficult child I that our unlimited long distance does not include calls out of the country!
  6. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

I think a lot of the "tough" is a facade. It doesn't surprise me that she broke down. I'm glad you had a talk with her. Definitely block the long distance on the phone, and might I add, no video hookup to the computer. EEWWW!
  7. amazeofgrace

amazeofgrace New Member

LOL! I am still waiting to see if it actually happens. The teen drama is sometimes a bit warped in comparison to the reality of things!
  8. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

If we can get a twofer I think Dude could learn PHillipino.......:tongue:
  9. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

I like the part about not being able to make babies long distance.
    It also doesn't surprise me that she broke down and cried with-you. The tough ones take longer but they do it.
    Nothing you can do about it now. You gave her a shoulder to lean on so hopefully it will smooth the bumpy ride out of the country.
    Now you can focus on your difficult child again.