Feeling stronger

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
I don't know why exactly, but your sentence kinda made me smile: "He called my husband and got a taco." What's up with that?! Just struck me funny. And I take humor wherever I can get it....

So, he's home again. Until the next time. Breathe, Stands, just breathe.

Peace

No actually he is not home. He came in for a change of clothes because that is all my husband would let him do and then we took him back to his "friends" or somewhere to live the way he wants to live. With no money. He went to his probation officer - bad drug test - not going to outpatient meetings - they didnt put him in jail. He goes to voc rehab next week to try and get into inpatient. That takes forever it seems. So I am trying to turn it all over to God - it is too much for me to bear anymore.

susiestar

Roll With It
Susan,

You really sound strong here. I am very impressed. What you are doing is so hard, yet you and husband are working together and doing what is best for your son.

Be sure to take time to acknowledge the broken heart that I know you must have. Be good to yourself and husband. Maybe make a date night, or a nice evening at home with no talk about difficult child (sort of an "at home" date). Give yourself a bubble bath and a manicure or pedicure, whatever relaxes you and makes you feel good. REad that book you have been wanting to, or get a totally decadent dessert or box of chocolates to indulge yourself.

You really have come a long way (but no Virginia slims!) and deserve a pat on the back.

Thank you susiestar and also thank you for all the advice. I appreciate that you know what I feel. that is why I come to this board. Yes - we kinda are sad but I hope it is the best thing for our son - it sure doesnt feel like it. thanks

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
It is sad, but you can not make another person do anything. Ever. They have to want it themselves. You have done all you can. Its up to him now to decide he wants to change.

Kudos for standing strong. Keep it up!