Fellow Dieters..I must admit

DDD

I almost fell off the wagon today completely. Geez, I didn't really "think" that I was an emotional eater but :nonono: as the stress built I grabbed a carb filled treat and downed it!

Then...worst of all...once I ate that I "almost" talked myself into the philosophy "what to heck, you already blew it..you might
as well pig out tonight and restart tomorrow!"

This week is like an emotional mine field. I'm trying to keep the "long range" "overall" picture in mind but boy am I one vulnerable thing! DDD

by the way, has anyone else discovered that the low carb method of dieting is NOT very forgiving??

Star*

call 911........call 911
Low carb was killing me -
Stress was killing me -
Eating was killing me-
Exercising was killing the dog

I'm not sure where I am on the swing of our diet - but I got so excited when someone gave me a Zoomba CD. I thought - ALL right Star - this will help with the depression. I got all ready, put it in the computer ready to exercise - and by some FREAK accident mine is in Spanish.

ALL I can make out is (chatter talking) and uno, dos, tres, quatro - and then they start exercising. If I can learn the steps I guess it doesn't matter if I can't understand. Hable mos despacio por favor senorita.

Ole!

DDD

Have you been having some quiet laisons with Raul??? Your bilingual tendencies seem to be getting stronger each year..hmmm.
:dance: Even the Stones haven't inspired me this month! DDD

Lothlorien

Well, you didn't allow yourself to be talked into eating cause you blew it. Good for you! That is hard, but a small amount is not going to blow your diet. Keep up the good work.

It's very easy to find yourself going in that direction and then before you know it, it'll be two or three days, then weeks. Just don't talk yourself down.

For me, low carb is easier. I eat less, am satisfied and don't really have cravings. My goal was to lose 35 by the end of the year. I didn't know how realistic it was. I've lost 21. I don't think I'm going to lose 14 in the next couple of weeks, but hey, I look better and feel better. You just have to think ....I feel better and look better.

Wiped Out

Staff member
DDD,
Like Loth said you didn't fall off the wagon. Good for you. We all fall off once in a while (today was a really bad day for me).

For me I sometimes do low carb and other times low protein. I try to stay relatively balanced because it seems to work best for me.

G

guest3

I am waiting for "pleasantly plump" to come back in

Harry & Davids boxes have been showing up at work by the truckload, and I can't count how may sweet treats I have popped in my mouth over the last week and 1/2.

Jan 1st is a new day, LOL

goldenguru

My hubby did the Atkins diet. He lost nearly 70 pounds. Trouble was his cholesterol went through the roof. Doctor made him go off. He gained all of his weight back within about 9 months. It was sad.

So I'm curious, when you say "low carb" to you mean Atkins?

He ate absolutely NO carbs. But, would eat things like bacon, butter, real mayo, pounds of cheese, dozens of eggs, LOTS of ground beef. I just couldn't understand how his body could lose weight while he was eating enough fat grams to feed five families.

I would like to know what low carb plans have worked for you.

Thanks in advance.

Lothlorien

GG, yes I am doing Atkins, but if he ate all that fat, no wonder his cholesterol went so high. If I ate all that junk, I wouldn't lose. I do Atkins, but limit the cheese and fat intake, too. Women can't do all that fat and still lose the weight. I do low carb veggies with dinner, like turnips, zuchinni, broccoli and cauliflower.

With Atkins, you are supposed to have some carbs, but low carb veggies and there are some low carb soy products.

DDD

Although I am actually fairly bright, lol, I am not using a book
or a guide NOR do I know what I'm doing. LOL

I am eating lean meat and fish, vegetables, salads, lots and lots
of cheese and...almonds. I love all those things. I have only had two pieces of bread since before Thanksgiving (day after T
sandwich and pumpkin pie were a MUST). I have eaten no rice, no
noodles, no potatoes, no pasta, no cake, no cookies, two pieces of candy. I do eat an apple a day or every other day. I do have
milk in my coffee but :sad: no more bowls of cereal that I really love for breakfast and before bedtime if I'm hungry.

I dropped seven pounds, made a couple of minor bad choices, and
now I am only five pounds down. I need to exercise if this is going to speed up. DDD

Lothlorien

Try not to eat too much cheese. Limit yourself to 4 to 6 (at most) ounces of cheese per day. Cheese has lots of fat in it. The rest of what you are eating sounds fine. You can have other low carb nuts like Brazil and pecans, but in small amounts.

I lost some, and was thinking about Breyers ice cream -I just told my co-workers I needed ice cream- but now I've come to my senses. I'm 6 pounds away from my lowest, and I need to get there. I hate being this fat. I make myself sick!!! -Alyssa

No, this is my fattest. I have really low self- esteem right now. My clothes barely fit. At the moment I weigh 105.8 When I'm 99 all is right with the world. It is hard to maintain though and that's where the problem lies, I gain it back. Then when I feel this bad, I have to start all over again. -Alyssa

DDD

Alyssa, I hope you are 3'10"! :smile:

I guess the number goal just proves that we are all unique. on the other hand
we are all united in the CD family and if you need to drop six
more to feel good than I'm rootin' for ya'. Hugs. DDD

Lothlorien

OMG, Allysa!!! I am the same height as you and I WILL NOT tell how much I weigh, but it's a HECK OF A LOT MORE than you do! You must wear a size 0 or something! When I was 114pounds I wore a size 2. I'm not even close to that now!

DDD

I'm 5'6" and look good at 140. Since I quit smoking I am WAY
above that figure. on the other hand...it is attainable as I am not morbidly
obese, just fat. It is hard for me as I have been a "pig out"
eater all my life and only developed "issues" with weight after
giving up my precious cigarettes. I weighed 108 before my lst
child and ended up in my 40's in the 140's. Surprisingly it was
not unseemly. I guess we each have our demons. I'm rootin' for
everybody! DDD

I'm rooting for everybody too! I feel as though I can tell you all things I can't even tell my boyfriend. Thank you all for that!-Alyssa