Figaro

slsh

member since 1999
We had to put him down last night. I'm just beside myself - cannot stop crying. Having to hide it as best I can because Diva and Wee are pretty upset too.

I think Figs waited for thank you. He actually came home this weekend, first time in months. Figs rallied a bit for the weekend, but yesterday he really went downhill fast. It was heartbreaking.

I can't help but second guess myself. But the thought of him dying alone, in a vet hospital was equally unbearable. He was so very sick, my poor baby.

He was such a very good cat, friend, confidante. I miss him horribly.

smallworld

Sue, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Our furry friends certainly wiggle their way into our hearts. Hugs to you, my friend.

Losing a pet is like losing one of the family and I completely understand where you are coming from, as we have lost a couple of pets in the past year. I am so sorry.

klmno

((HUGS)) I'm so sorry....this is never easy no matter how sick they are. I know it's hard, but try not to second-guess yourself. He had a wonderful family and home and the good memories will always be there.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm so sorry. The pain when we lose someone so special is deeper than I ever expected.

Sue if it's any consolation, I hope someone has the courage you showed when I'm old,sick and in pain. You gave him a gift of unselfish love. You did what was right despite the pain it causes you. I didn't think I could go through it again yet here I am with 3 more staring at me.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so very sorry. It is beyond painful to lose a furbaby. It is very likely that Figaro did hold on until he saw Tyler and knew Tyler was OK.

hugs.

donna723

Sue, I am so very sorry for your loss. Fran is right. You did the most loving thing you could do for him, you did what was right for him, even though it caused you great pain and that takes a lot of courage. Sending many, many (((hugs))).

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
:9-07tears:

I'm so sorry, Sue. I hope Figaro is at the Rainbow Bridge feeling young and vigorous again...and teasing the heck out of the DOGS that are up there keeping him company.

Hugs,
Suz

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm so very sorry. :(

When we lost Herbert, I bawled my eyes out, and the kids were amazed that their mom was as upset as they were. I think they actually found some comfort in knowing they were not alone in their sorrow, and that it was o.k. to express it.

I hope you all are able to work through this pain with the help of all the good memories you do have of Figaro.

(((Hugs)))

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved animal companion is always hard, but it sure does seem like some of them just stick in your heart, doesn't it?

There's an old Jewish saying that says that the dead aren't really gone so long as they are remembered. I think it applies to pets as well.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oh Sue~~~

For the loss that you feel when you are able, may you remember him with 10 times the smiles, laughter and good memories. I am so terribly sorry.

Hugs - Star

slsh

member since 1999
Thank you guys so much. He was just such an important part of this family. Looking at the empty space where I had set up his sick bed set up just tears me up.

I realized last night that even though he hadn't been able to make it into the kitchen in about the last month or so, I am still turning around very carefully - it had become his habit to follow us into the kitchen and stand right smack behind us, sideways. husband and I swore he was becoming homicidal in his old age, because he knew there was no *way* we would step on him. ;)

I'm looking for an appropriate marker for him to put in our garden, something Pinocchio-ish since he was a ringer for the cartoon Figaro. We'll keep his ashes until spring and then spread them when the birds come out - he loved to chase them.

Thanks again, truly, so much for your kind words and support. I appreciate it more than you know.

ctmom05

Our pets are an important part of our lives and it leaves a huge whole when they're gone. I'm very sorry that you have lost such a good friend.