Final Score: Me - 1 ; Gallbladder - 0

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks for all the well-wishes. I'm up and around noshing on saltines and not too much worse for the wear. Gut feels like I took a hard punch, and I have a purple bellybutton, but no stitches anywhere: they super-glued me! Now to sit back and do absolutely nothing for a few days and have absolutely no guilt for doing so! :) P.S. They gave me color pictures which is cool if you're into that sort of thing (like me) :) The stones look like tiny little Cracker Jacks :winks:

Last edited:
T

TeDo

Glad things went well and you are done with that. I had mine out years ago and I didn't get any pictures!! Thanks for giving me a visual. Those kinds of things do interest me.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Wow! That was fast!

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Take it easy (feel free to milk it a few days...) and get well soon!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Especially affecting me was the sight of the visceral fat around my liver in those pictures (ewww!) -- it's really motivating me to change my habits once I'm back to "normal." I think I'm going to post the pictures on my bedroom wall for a daily reminder to treat myself better, eat healthier and exercise!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
FTW!

Yay - hearing you are doing well is the best part. I don't even really know what a gall bladder is, but I do know they can be a royal PITA.

...As for the pics... Uh, no thanks...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Glad it's over and went well. Now take it easy (really make sure you do) and have a speedy recovery.

Hugs

Nancy

Yay I'm glad you are on the mend. Isn't it amazing how they can do that surgery with no stitches? They super glued my finger when I cut it a couple years ago too. My dad had stones blasted from his urinary bladder a few months agoand then sucked out. The before and after pics were awesome. Enjoy the relaxing for a few days.

Nancy

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Glad you're healing! Keep those stones. If you know how to bead, they can make a nice necklace. If I could have made something nice from my uterus, I would have.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
husband jokingly asked to bring it home in a jar, but sadly 3S, no beads to show for it! :rofl: Just pics of the lovely little yellow beads!

TerryJ2

Congratulations! Cracker Jacks, lol. They'll never be the same again.
P.S. I'd rather have pictures than the real thing. :groan:

Happy to hear you're feeling much better!! Make sure you take it easy at least a few days longer then necessary. As someone said, "milk it." You deserve a bit of R&R - Just wish you didn't have to go through all of this to get it! SFR

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Don't feel quite as bloated today as I did over the weekend, so perhaps the swelling is improving. Bruises are still lovely and colorful :) I'm doing a bit more, though still taking things very slowly. No lifting, etc. Got my CD Board cards written and will drop them in the mail this afternoon. Started my family holiday letter. Enjoyed spending the morning under the covers watching a chick flick without any interruptions! :bigsmile: THAT was priceless!

Trying to use this time to reinspire myself to eat better and take better care of myself -- who knows, maybe I can continue the wee bit o' weight loss and carry the momentum into the holidays...

Thanks again for all the well wishes!!