Finally a sleep study appointment

Wiped Out

Staff member
We've been trying to get difficult child in since June for an appointment. to see if they will do a sleep study on difficult child. He does so much snoring and talking in his sleep and at times seems to stop breathing.

It took until husband called them in August (I had tried many times before) before they would actually schedule the app. and then it wasn't until Nov. 6th.

I came home on Monday (after a horrible day of pain due to my back) and there was a message that it was cancelled and that it would be the next week or in January. I about lost it and called almost in tears. I had already taken the time off from work, and the next week didn't work because of conferences with parents of my students.

She called back today and was trying to work me in. Problem was the doctor usually just does Thursdays and the 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th of Nov were all out. I was getting very frustrated (but remained calm and polite). I jokingly asked if anything was available today since I was home due to my back.

Believe it or not they squeezed us in! difficult child fell asleep on the way to the appointment and woke up only to walk from the van to the waiting room to the dr office and then back to the van.

They were able to hear him snoring although not his loud snoring and are also concerned about his sleeping so much during the days (a somewhat regular occurance and I think due mostly to medications) at school.

She definitely agreed a sleep study was needed and they will go with-in a few days to schedule.

I'm glad we will be able to finally know if there is a sleep problem or not. We have wondered ever since his preschool teacher told us he thought some of difficult child's problems were due to sleep apnea. We tried to follow up on it but didn't get anywhere til he was 9 and they agreed to take his tonisls and adenoid out. As many of you know that didn't really help.

mom_to_3

I hope they get him in quickly so that he can get some relief. My husband has sleep apnea and has slept with a machine for a few years now. He feels so much better now, he even takes it on vacation with him or whenever we go out of town. I'm thrilled about that machine, I finally have peace too!

F

flutterbee

Doesn't it sometimes feel like everything is such a battle? And it really doesn't have to be.

Glad you got the appointment and I hope you get some answers.

Jena

I'm glad you got the appointment, it is true though everythings just a battle. I'm glad he actually fell asleep so they could hear him snoring also. I'm sure that helped a bit too.