FINALLY!!!!!!!! difficult child's graduation party!!!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
The party was yesterday and I think it went pretty well. We had it at a local park and difficult child even showed up early AND helped set things up!!! husband and I were a little concerned that he wouldn't show up at all since the day before he had declared that he wasn't going since his "real" family wasn't coming. But I figured that if he didn't show...we would enjoy the time with our friends and family and we would have them take their gifts back. But...he showed and aside from being a bit loud and show offy for a girl, he did good. He thanked everyone for the gifts, he made the rounds and actually said hi to everyone....I was pretty impressed.

Here are a few pics.....just ignore me in them please! husband and I both quit smoking (good!) but added a pound or two. (not good)

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/mstang67chic/Chris graduation party/

Mattsmom277

Thats a picture perfect moment! I"m so glad he attended and was mingling etc. I can imagine how proud you are to see him graduate. If my Matt doesn't get beyond frustrated and quit (Please please please let that not happen) I know I'll be stoked to see him graduate. I'll have to sit in back to avoid embarassing him because I know I"ll tear up like crazy and bawl like a baby.

Congrats to your difficult child, and congrats to you and your husband for getting him this far :)

klmno

It looks and sounds like a beautiful day! Give him a little more time to mature- he'll figure out who is "real" family is. My gut tells me he is already going thru that process.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Oh 'stang, I'm teary eyed. What a wonderful day for difficult child. More importantly big recognition for all the trials & tribulations all of you have survived.

Give difficult child a big hug from this board auntie.

Congrats difficult child! :bravo::yourock: You did good!