Finally getting a tiny bit of financial relief

gcvmom

Here we go again!
My in-laws have applied for Medicaid, so this is probably the last month I have to send payment for their Medicare Part B insurance!!! We've been paying this for them for several years because they claimed they could not afford it on their $1,800/mo Soc Sec. (Of course, all their little trips to Vegas and Shreveport they somehow manage to afford... don't get me started! :grrr:)

That translates into an extra $472 a month for us, which will help a lot since husband is still out of work. I am just so relieved to have this off our backs finally.

:happyguy:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
What a nice feeling! Every bit it helps!
I laughed yesterday, we received a tiny refund from the IRS, although we owe much more... I thought why don't they just roll it over?:sad-very:

It was like a slap in the face, here is a bit back now give us 100 times that amount back.

But then I thought. "Oh well we have already paid the taxes last week, so this will just be a bill paid":alien:
At this point in time, any thing from anywhere helps!

maril

Good luck! Always nice to have some extra money to help with expenses.

I am still waiting for balances due to catch up with husband and me from three separate facilities that provided care for difficult child (still going through insurance process but know we will owe); probably going to be a pretty hefty sum in total but, still, I do appreciate that difficult child was able to get treatment. We'll just have a lot more to juggle in future months and are working on a plan to get all bills and debt under control! :anxious: