Finally saw "The Blindside"

witzend

I bawled. I'm sure that some of it was embellished, but it was a really nice story. I feel awful for what Sandra Bullock is going through right now.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I've heard it's at least a one-box-of-Kleenex movie. I agree about Bullock. Bad enough she's dealing with the infidelity issues, but to do so in the fishbowl of celebrity has to be excruciating.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I have heard good things about the movie. We plan to watch it soon. Glad to hear you liked it Witz

Nancy

easy child and I saw it when it first came out and loved it! Sandra Bullock was so good. According to the real life family, the story is very true to life.

Nancy

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I had picked up the DVD and we watched it last weekend......... Thought it was very touching and I was so glad they included actual photos of the family at the end. What a truely open-hearted thing the Tougheys (sp?) did to take in this gentle young man.................

Star*

call 911........call 911
This is one we were going to see, and decided last minute to see WOLFMAN......DO NOT......repeat do NOT see wolfman - complete waste of time.
I adore Anthony Hopkins, but this movie was SO beneath him as an actor. Long, dark - DF nodded off twice in the theater.

klmno

I wanted to watch this with difficult child but apparently they showed it to the boys in Department of Juvenile Justice. He said it was very good, too.

klmno

Well he just might get his chance. LOL!

Seriously though, I am assuming that if Department of Juvenile Justice showed it to the kids and parents think it's a good movie, it would be a good one for a family movie night????

difficult child said they showed them several movies about what I'll call difficult child's, kids with autism/MI, kids from disadvantaged homes, and he said it actually helped to see stuff like that while they were there. I was glad to hear this because since we have basicly no mental health treatment left available for our difficult child's who are also in trouble legally, it is left to Department of Juvenile Justice to deal with all of them.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Loved this movie, husband and I saw it when it first came out. easy child/difficult child, husband, and I watched it Saturday night. easy child hadn't seen it the first time. She rarely cries at movies and was crying before it was a quarter of a way in.