FINALLY spoke to a LIVE PERSON about the neuropsychologist!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I called the children's hospital back again today (left a message there yesterday and got no response) and a LIVE PERSON actually answered the phone!!!

She said the wait list is now into April (ugh). But at least she took down all of our information and explained some things to me. Turns out, the neuropsychologist also has a private office, and that's apparently the first place I called and heard back from "Mr. Blunt".

The clerk I spoke with today got all of our info and said she'd give it to the therapist to decide where she wanted to meet with us -- either her private office or at the hospital. I said I don't really care where, I just want this done before the school year ends so I can get supports in place for next year.

Anyway, I'm just relieved to have finally made a connection with someone and that hopefully now the ball is rolling.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well that is better than Mr. Blunt and no apt. Is this neuro-psychiatric good?

The one I just got K an apt for is not available until March. But she is supposed to be great!!! We have 12 hours of testing set up just to start!!! She went over everything on the phone with me 45 minutes. I was so amazed that someone gets it, just like we all talk about here.
Our last one was good, but this lady sounds great!!!
Very expensive though, our insurance will reimburse a lot but we have to pay up front. :(

Sad when you are excited for your kids testing? At least the clerk had a clue.

Nancy423

do I have to be the mom?
YAY! at least the appointment's will start before end of the school year.
I'm still waiting for sd to send in paperwork to our neuropsychologist guy......

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks, Janna. :)

Toto, she's supposed to be very good -- our psychiatrist confirmed it after I did my own research on her. I hate the long wait, but I'm also going to be asked to be called if there are cancellations. You never know!

Thanks klmno!

Nancy, I'm hoping his core teachers will help with this process, too. There are four, and I know their feedback will be helpful. I'm to the point where I will call every. single. day. to get a response!