Find the Mamma Time - Free guide

Star,

Thanks for the laugh!!! Now about that One Hot Mama download... Is there anything in there about how to feel sexy after difficult child 2 takes his zillionth "meltdown" of the afternoon, totally misses the toilet (and he really, really had to go), GFGCat barfs on the floor and you walk in it, difficult child 1 is a bit manic and you're praying it isn't a sign his medications need tweaking, etc., etc., etc., ??? I think the author needs to borrow a few of our difficult children for a few hours!!! I wonder if her advice would be a bit different, lol??? Now, I really shouldn't judge her as I haven't downloaded her stuff... WFEN

P.S. Totoro, Thanks to you to for the additional laugh!!!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Um, Star...your avatar?

Please tell me you just drive an occassional broom...not that you ARE one of them...

Mayapple5

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not. I'm new here and I'm not sure, but I guess I could shorten my signature a bit. I'm 56 and my husband is 7 years younger but oh so much wiser than I am! We adopted this little bit of an angel in '07. We were her sixth home from the time she was born until she was 23 months old in '05. In a short 1 1/2 years she was our daughter legally. My instincts told me she wasn't like other kids, I had never seen tantrums like she would throw, and for nothing! She would play by herself, she wasn't talking yet when she came to us and just had begun to walk (at 23 months). She was diagnosis'd at Loyola in Chicago at 3 1/2 but I think she is less Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) now, she is so outgoing and but she is so demanding and she makes my ears hurt! And oh, how she can throw things!

Anyway, I's so glad she is in PreK in the mornings and still takes LONGGG naps in the afternoons. That's where I find momma time. She isn't on any medications. I tried Aderall, but it turned her into a zombie and my husband said noway. He works at a prison and he had worked with phsy ward for many years, he knows what drugs can do and that many time drugs are needed to take care of the side affects of the original drug. He won't allow her to take drugs. So we use vitamin therapy right now. I don't see much improvement! I'm home with her day-in and day-out! I't driving me crazy, except when she is in school, where she is the perfect angel!

Cats? yea, I almost stepped in a mess this week, hadn't had one of them in a very long time. Must be the moon....

Pookybear66

Okay, just looked over the download. This lady DOES NOT have any difficult child's because if she did she'd be here. We all take time for ourselves to get recharged by coming here. Heck, if I had a nickel for every time I even had time to THINK about how nice it would be to read a book or take a bubble bath of whatever makes you truly happy and relaxed, then I still probably wouldn't even have enough for a gallon of gas to get to the library.

Point is after dealing with the "stuff" that we do day in and day out, just NOT having a meltdown day is a nice enough break. To get in a "mommy break" by sharing and commiserating with you all is sometimes all we get or need. More is just a bonus. Too bad we can't bottle it. Think I need to write a book entitled "The Real Lives of Warrior Moms-P.S. you are not a warrior mom if you have time to read this!" ROFL! Anyway, best wishes for a great day for all and make some time to shed your armor even if it's only for 5 or 10 minutes.

Mayapple5

difficult child 2 didn't go to PreK today because it was "Wear your costume to school Day" and then they were having a party. She doesn't do candy or costumes, too frightening! So, she slept in and when she woke up she wanted to know what we were going to do today. So I told her the line-up and I stuck to it. We have had one glorious day! :D No melt downs, at least not yet and she is down for a short nap.

It really helps to have a plan in place and to let her in on it!