Fingers crossed: difficult child 2 starts water polo camp in the morning!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Though he's never played before (I did sign him up for two sessions of a beginner's class at our local CC a few months ago and he did fairly well -- plus he's tall and has long arms which can be a big advantage). But he wanted to try out for the HS water polo team, so we figured the school's summer camp was a good way to start. He's going to be a lean, mean swimming machine by the end of July after meeting 3.5 hours per day, 5 days a week. We missed the first two weeks because of our trip north, but the coach said no problem.

He really wants to try this and I really hope it's something he can keep up with and enjoy. A PT once told me that swimming is VERY good for people with brain disorders because of the arm/leg coordination and the motion of crossing over the body's midline. Something about making the two sides of the brain work together better. Plus difficult child 2 has an anatomical quirk about his shoulder joint that swimming can supposedly improve (husband has the same thing and with all his years of baseball/softball it resulted in nerve impingement and bone spurs requiring surgery).

AND I'm hoping it helps with the BiPolar (BP). Exercise is always good for the brain!

I'll let you know how the week winds up!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Very cool ~ never heard of school offering water polo. Must live in the wrong state.

Good luck to difficult child 2