Fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed! Update!

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by LittleDudesMom, Feb 20, 2009.

1. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

difficult child is going on his first field trip today without parent or 1:1 :anxious:!!!!!!!

His 1:1 had an appointment he had to keep this afternoon and the kids are on a tour bus headed for a Difficult Child museum and lunch at Wolfgang Pucks! The compliance director at his school was ok with it, difficult child wanted it, and I am petrified of it:anxious:.

1:1 and I spoke and he said they could send a sub with difficult child, but difficult child doesn't take to strangers well and he expressed to both his caseworker (who happens to be the speced compliance director) that, in his words, "I'm ok". His 1:1 said he felt difficult child was ready to venture out and that this was a good experience for him. Our goal is no 1:1 by mid next year.

He had to be at school an hour earlier than usual and was excited and ready to go.

I did make phone contact with one of the male teachers so he has my cell on his cell now ;).

Wish us all well :angel3:..........................

2. klmno

klmno Active Member

Wow- and what a field trip to try this on!! It's a good sign that everyone thought he was ready, including difficult child! I hope it goes well - it sounds like there is a good chance it will. It should help that this obviously isn't a boring field trip.
  3. bran155

bran155 Guest

Good for him!!! Everything is crossed. Let us know how it goes. :)
  4. DaisyFace

DaisyFace Love me...Love me not

Crossing everything for you!!!

Good luck--

5. Josie

Josie Active Member

How wonderful that everyone thinks he is ready for this! I would be nervous, too. Fingers crossed.
  6. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

Crossing everything and then some!

Let us know how it goes.
  7. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Hope it's a great day! Let us know how it goes...
  8. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Crossing everything!!!!!
  9. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Everything crossed, as requested.
    Looking forward eagerly to an update on how the trip goes.

10. Alttlgabby

Alttlgabby New Member

I wish your son luck!!!! I hope he does very well!
  11. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

I hope it all goes very well and that difficult child has fun while the adults are not too stressed out.

Can't wait to hear how he does today!
  12. Sheila

Sheila Moderator

Great news!:D

I know you' must be vascillating between pride, excitement and on pins and needles.

He's coming along.:D

All body parts crossed!
  13. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

I missed this thread earlier today - hope everything went well for difficult child. He's made such incredible progress over the last couple of years you have every reason to be proud ..... nervous ..... excited.

14. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

How did it go?!?!?!?!?
  15. Janna

Janna New Member

You know, Sharon, just from everything you've said about difficult child lately, I betcha he did awesome.

16. klmno

klmno Active Member

Waiting to hear.....did it go alright?
  17. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

difficult child did great! Said the trip was "just ok"....had a better time at school for 30 minutes with a couple of buddies waiting for pick up!! They were laughing and talking when I picked him up.

I was on pins and needles.

Gosh, he is maturing.

Thanks for your well wishes and crosses body parts!!

18. Janna

Janna New Member

Cool, Sharon. You're such a good mom! Take some credit, too. Glad things went so great!
  19. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

20. klmno

klmno Active Member

Super report!! He got to hang around a while fitting in with everyone else and he did well on the trip. He should feel very good about himself and I bet the teachers will put in good words for him.