Fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed! Update!

LittleDudesMom

difficult child is going on his first field trip today without parent or 1:1 :anxious:!!!!!!!

His 1:1 had an appointment he had to keep this afternoon and the kids are on a tour bus headed for a Difficult Child museum and lunch at Wolfgang Pucks! The compliance director at his school was ok with it, difficult child wanted it, and I am petrified of it:anxious:.

1:1 and I spoke and he said they could send a sub with difficult child, but difficult child doesn't take to strangers well and he expressed to both his caseworker (who happens to be the speced compliance director) that, in his words, "I'm ok". His 1:1 said he felt difficult child was ready to venture out and that this was a good experience for him. Our goal is no 1:1 by mid next year.

He had to be at school an hour earlier than usual and was excited and ready to go.

I did make phone contact with one of the male teachers so he has my cell on his cell now ;).

Wish us all well :angel3:..........................

Sharon

klmno

Wow- and what a field trip to try this on!! It's a good sign that everyone thought he was ready, including difficult child! I hope it goes well - it sounds like there is a good chance it will. It should help that this obviously isn't a boring field trip.

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope it all goes very well and that difficult child has fun while the adults are not too stressed out.

Can't wait to hear how he does today!

Sheila

Great news!:D

I know you' must be vascillating between pride, excitement and on pins and needles.

He's coming along.:D

All body parts crossed!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I missed this thread earlier today - hope everything went well for difficult child. He's made such incredible progress over the last couple of years you have every reason to be proud ..... nervous ..... excited.

:bravo::bigsmile:

Janna

You know, Sharon, just from everything you've said about difficult child lately, I betcha he did awesome.

So....??????

LittleDudesMom

difficult child did great! Said the trip was "just ok"....had a better time at school for 30 minutes with a couple of buddies waiting for pick up!! They were laughing and talking when I picked him up.

I was on pins and needles.

Gosh, he is maturing.

Thanks for your well wishes and crosses body parts!!

Sharon

klmno

Super report!! He got to hang around a while fitting in with everyone else and he did well on the trip. He should feel very good about himself and I bet the teachers will put in good words for him.