First pass - success! :)

PatriotsGirl

Even before I mentioned asking her grandparents for monetary help for her treatment, she was adamant that she wanted to do this on her own - no help.

Now I do help with things for Connor - I buy pull ups and snacks. She gets 20.00 of her money each week to go to Wal-Mart and get needed items. She gets things for Connor. When she is on pass, she needs to get her Wal-Mart run done during the pass but she has to provide a receipt when she returns. I have been buying the things she needs during those passes, she presents the receipt, they have her give me the 20.00 and then I hand it back to them to put in her spending account. So I do help there, but it saves her 40.00 a month and it is stuff for the little one so I don't mind. :) I don't mind helping when she is busting tail doing the right things...

Kathy813

Staff member
PG, I am glad that you are working so hard to get the diabetes under control. I lost my best friend at the young age of 49 due to complications of diabetes. Unfortunately, she was very overweight and didn't really try to keep it under control. Her solution was drinking a coke and eating a bag of M&M's and then giving herself an insulin shot. She never made a serious effort to change her diet.

You are right . . . Connor needs his grandma.

~Kathy

PatriotsGirl

Oh I am thinking of it as a challenge and just making changes in the past week, I feel better. I have downloaded an app and I am tracking everything. I have already made other changes in my life - this was the next step. :)

My fasting glucose when I went to the doctor was 442. The lowest I have been able to get it over the past week was 194. This morning it was 115!!!!! I was so happy I did a little dance! :)