First Shoe Has Dropped

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nichole got an email from stepgfg today stating how she'd love to come here, but she can't because she's trying to get insurance in Mo because of her brain thingy.

I believe I shocked Nichole with my reaction.

"OH NO NO NO H*LL NO!" came flying out of my mouth before my brain even soaked the information in.

Then I felt bad because Nichole's mouth fell open and her eyes got wide.

Yep. I think I may have a wee bit of PTSD going on. :mad:

Stepgfg must be desperate. She's not doing much buttering up. Nor, evidently, is she even considering any of the rest of the family's reaction to her contact with Nichole. As always it's what she wants that is in the forfront of her brain.

Nichole asked why, if she does have this so called serious brian thingy, hasn't she got to get on welfare insurance? Not gonna snucker my girl on that one. lol Nichole has gotten rather savvy with how welfare works, especially the insurance.

No response.

Also, I find it a bit odd that we've yet to here anything at all substantial about Kayla or Alex. I mean, I'm talking just normal everyday stuff. Other than those supposed pics she was sending (which we still haven't seen), there hasn't been anything about the kids at all. Heck, even though I see easy child and Nichole everyday, they still find something new to tell me about Darrin or Aubrey. But from stepgfg there is nothing. Not a peep.

And I find that strange when one would think that at least in her mind that would be her trump card.

I expect the second shoe will be stepgfg asking Nichole for money to get here along with a sob story.

I still wonder how long this contact will last when she comes to realize there won't be a pay off.

Sort of disappointing though to discover that 6 long years has done nothing to help her mature or change.:(

Daisylover said:
And I find that strange when one would think that at least in her mind that would be her trump card.

As always it's what she wants that is in the forfront of her brain.

Sounds to me like she has not even made the connection. Sending you strength to continue to stay detached.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending hugs and strength to help you deal with this situation. PTSD would be oune of the MILDER reactions, in my opinion.

Are you supposing she does not have custody of the grandkids because she doesn't mention them? Or is it just that she is so self centered that they don't even register in her brain? Either way, it seems very off.

I doubt you will hear much after she becomes convinced there is no $$$ coming her way. Though she may amp up the drama considerably before she becomes convinced. Sorry.

Hugs to all of you.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
That's just a shame. And I'm so sorry about your PTSD!! Ya think?

I hope that you continue your resolve to remain detached and also that she isn't able to snucker Nicole in as well.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie

I'm still waiting to see if she even has custody of Kayla and Alex. The letter I received from stepgfg after she left indicated that CPS had acted on their promise to me to take the kids if she was living on the streets. Wouldn't have been hard for them to do it, I knew her license plate, make and model of the car, and which street in her home city that she had lived on before when they were homeless. With their past history with CPS, drug use, aversion to working, not to mention no one around there wanting to hire either of them (it's not that big of a city), I doubt it would've been an easy task to get the kids back if they were removed from their custody.

But like you said, either way it's odd. What Mom doesn't brag on her kids a bit? Especially when you haven't seen someone in so long, and you know they adored your kids.

DammitJanet

Lisa...it does sound odd.

She suddenly has some brain thing and may want to come there but no mention of the kids. Hmmm. I smell something rotten too. You would think she would be buttering you up with all kinds of stories about the kids and how adorable they are and how much they miss you. That is the more normal way to get into someones good graces. If she has lived on the streets and used the charities and welfare system, she has to know that kids are the ticket. Why not use them with you guys?

Lori4ever

Stay strong. I'm sorry you have to go through this. It is odd that the kids aren't the main topic, weirder still that they don't cme up at all. I would almost be shocked if she still had them. It seems she really hasn't changed at all.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Maybe the next time she communicates with Nichole, Nichole should ask her for money, letting her know that she's not getting money from YOU......Ah, such games they can play.......Hoping the kids are taken care of and not living the chaos of difficult child.........thinking of you......