First Thanksgiving Issue Of The Day

Bunny

I told both of the kids that they must take a shower this morning because we are going to sister in law and brother in law's house for dinner and they are not going like stinky boys. easy child, of course, says, "Okay, Mom!"

difficult child's answer? "Why do I have to take a shower? I just took a shower yesterday! You're so not fair!"

I told him that if he didn't want to shower tomorrow that was fine, but he's 14, and by nature 14 year old boys are stinky. It's Thanksgiving, and he needs to make a little extra effort.

He grumbled about it, but is actually in the shower right now. How well he washing himself is another issue.

InsaneCdn

If he is actually getting WET, it will take care of a fair bit of the "stinky" factor. Not ideal, but better than nothing. (can you tell we've been there done that?)

tiredmommy

Just don't let him wear AXE, lol!

If it's any consolation... Duckie asked to sit at the kid's table today, but we don't have a kid's table. How about the island? No... there's only five for dinner so she will be at the big table. So then she offered to act up so she could be sent to her room with a plate.

I think I may have a teenager on my hands, lol!

C

Confused

I understand Bunny about the shower issue,( actually with my daughter who's a easy child) I hope difficult child is cleaned up for you today. Hugs and hopefully a Happy Thanksgiving is on the way to you all :)

Malika

Reminds me from the line from the gospel of Luke: "there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance..."
How grateful were you for easy child's shower, Bunny? And how grateful for difficult child's?
:)

Bunny

Well, he showered, and he was actually in there for a long period of time, so even if he didn't use soap, he's not quite as stinky as he was when he went in. He didn't comb his hair (he likes the "messy look"), but I can live with that.

difficult child is actually every excited about Thanksgiving. He loves the whole Thanksgiving dinner thing, so I'm hoping that he will have a good day. Food things tend to make him happy. So far, so good, but I'm knocking on wood as I say that, and I know you ALL understand about that!!

Californiablonde

I can so empathize with the showering issue. You would think easy child would be the one who doesn't like showers, seeing as he's my boy, but it's actually difficult child that refuses to be clean. easy child is obsessive about cleanliness and showers at least three or four times a day. I'm lucky if I can get difficult child to shower or bathe three times a week. When she does take a bath, she mostly refuses to wash her hair. You would think an almost 16 year old girl would be too embarrased to walk around with dirty, oily hair, but not so much. She tells me that her friends and people at school don't make fun of her for looking like a grease pit, so why should she care? I have to bribe her or threaten to take away her cell phone for her to keep herself clean. I'm glad your difficult child ended up showering and not refusing, and i hope you were all able to have a lovely Thanksgiving.