First time post, just put glg into inpatient care

smithgunsteve2008

TO OLD FOR THIS-
ROUGH DAY!!!!!!!!! ABT 6 HOURS OF QUESTIONS AND FORMS AND MANY TEARS. BUT RATHER THIS THAN JAIL! HOPE TO HEAD OFF FUTURE PROBLEMS BY GETTING CARE AND MENDS NOW BEFORE HE HURTS HIS BROTHER, MOTHER, GMOTHER OR ME (GFATHER & GAURDIAN):faint:

everywoman

I'm so sorry. Many of us have faced that decision before. It is hard to have to place a child you love in care to protect the rest of the family. I hope that he is able to receive the help he needs and your family can heal.

klmno

I'm sorry- my son has been in the hospital (short term) and it is very hard. You have found a great place though with a lot of support and experience. When you feel up to it and comfortable, why don't you give us some history- like how old is your child, what lead up to this, what all have you been through trying to prevent this, etc? Chances are there are people here with similar experiences that can offer more supprt.

terryboberry

I'm glad you found this group of people. I also found this site right around the time I needed to admit my 13 yo difficult child to an inpatient hospital program. Many people here have struggled with the grief and fear of admitting a loved one. It's a very brave thing you did. Your difficult child is getting help and you are safe.

Hang in there. You have my prayers.

Terry

Andy

I am so sorry - it is about the hardest day you have to go through even though you know it is for the best. You are enterring a new world of terminology and help. Some of those tears are relief that you have actually made this step and some are uncertainty of what will come next. Most kids feel super safe in treatment. It is so structured that they learn quickly how to go with the flow and know that their needs will be met.

Looking forward to learning more about your situation. Hang tough, it really was a rough day!

Christy

Welcome.

Hospitilization of a child for mental health/behavioral issues is a very difficult thing. I am sure you are having many different feeling right now. True, this is a better choice than jail and I hope it leads to the help your difficult child needs.

How is he doing?

Christy

smithgunsteve2008

TO OLD FOR THIS-
Thank you all!!!!!! This site gave me the needed courage and reslove to take stronger action.
Went to see GLG today, in denial, thought I would be fooled by the "am all better now and can come home" routine. Not likely! Learned a lot from these sights and expierence. Therp. told him it had hardly been 24 hrs and no way any progress had accured in such time. :redface:

Told him that if he expected a 14 day stay but got out sooner then it would be great. PDr put him on invega but today is only second dose.

thanks again to all

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
welcome and I think you and my Dad should chat, I am living at home with my parents and 2 difficult child's. My Dad is old school, VN veteran who has had his fill of my difficult child's. My parents really never fully understood what I tried to tell them about difficult child's conditions (I think they thought I was exagertaing) until we moved in a year ago, now they really REALLY understand. My Dad has a serious heart condition and emphazema, so it is really hard for him when difficult child's get violent and out of contol.

Praying things will move smoothly for your GS

F

flutterbee

Just wanted to add my welcome :flowers: and I hope that this hospital stay is very helpful for difficult child.

B

butterflydreams

Adding my welcome. Putting your child inpatient is indeed extremely hard. My son has been inpatient several times over the last year and is currently in a residential program.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Another adding in a warm welcome. I hope your difficult child will get the help needed. It is promising that they aren't fooled by the I'm all better routine. Hugs.