First Time without Manster on Holiday

M

ML

Manster's dad is taking him to visit his mom in S. California for Thanksgiving. Prior to this year he hasn't been ready to go without me for that many days (5) but he is now ready. It should be fun, they'll go to Disneyland, and have a great time. Plus, I will have the first real break I've had in 10 years. I am looking forward to it but I know I'll miss him too.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Wow, you need this. So what are you going to do?
I hope he has a great time and you get to relax...

You will DEFINITELY miss him. And then a few minutes later, you will go "aaahhhh" and revel in the silence.

THEN, a few minutes after that, you will feel guilty for enjoying the peace, and you will start to miss him again.

That is, if you are anything like me.

I hope he has a great time, and I know you will enjoy yourself.

by the way, I missed you too! XO

M

ML

I am going to go the lots of my (alanon) meetings, work out every day, sleep in, go for a massage, meditate, do my nails and try to find my center!

F

flutterbee

The first holiday without my kids was horrible. Mine were younger, but I still hate it when Devon is at his dad's on Christmas and he's 17. I do enjoy the peace, but the holiday itself...bleck.

(((hugs)))

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
The first couple of holidays without my girls (seems like a million years ago), I was so glum and just didn't want to participate in anything. And then one year as I left them with exh at the ferry to LI I felt such a weight lifted off my shoulders. My brother in law was with me to see them off and he hugged me and asked me "how are you?" and through my usual tears I laughed and said, "I don't know whether to cry or kick up my heels!" We both had a good laugh and a very nice Christmas that year and all of those to follow. You get used to it, the Earth keeps turning, and eventually those couple of days without the kiddos becomes a treasure respite.

Enjoy your alone time - sounds like you've chosen your favorite things to relax.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Honestly, it sounds like a great plan all the way around. For you, ex, Manster, and grandma.
Enjoy!