First Wednesday without

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by timer lady, Apr 19, 2007.

1. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Since kt has transitioned home she has had horrendous meltdowns/dissociative states on Wednesday's. Couldn't tell you why - none of it makes sense to me. :rolleyes:

I've checked with day treatment/school about Wednesday's activities & such - nothing out of the ordinary.

Guess it doesn't really matter why. :rolleyes:

Oh well, psychiatrist last week said that if Wednesday evenings are bad to just give kt her prn medication when she gets home from school & then another dose at dinner.

Last night was our first Wednesday with-o a meltdown/dissociative episode. She headed off to bed with-o protest & was asleep by 8:30. :thumbsup:

I'm hoping that the Wednesday "jinx" is over. :hypnosis:
  2. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

Isn't it strange how patterns emerge, seemingly without any rhyme or reason? I am glad last night was good.

Must have been because it was my birthday!!! :smile: :thumbsup:
  3. On_Call

On_Call New Member

Congrats on your tantrum-free Wednesday!! Here's hoping all the future Wednesdays go as smoothly!

In our house, Sunday nights are rough for difficult child. husband and I assumed it was anxiety over the approaching school week, but even on Easter break, he stressed on Sunday night. Cried, said he couldn't sleep, complained of a stomach ache - was still awake at 11:00 p.m. when I went up to bed.

It is a bit strange, isn't it? I know that I dread Monday mornings, but I still manage to sleep most of the time.

Glad kt has seemingly broken her Wednesday jinx! :wink:
  4. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

Maybe it is just middle of the week weirdness... the rise and fall. Hopefully her pattern has been broken!!!
  5. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Here's to hoping you've broken the Wed cycle! :smile:
  6. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm glad the jinx is over! :thumbsup:
  7. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

I even considered skipping Wednesday around this house - just not acknowledging it. Having 2 Tuesday's then heading into Thursday if I thought it would work. :hypnosis:

It felt good to go with-o the chaos - today was even better. Who knows, maybe the transition home is complete. I know that kt is feeling safer of late.

Thanks ladies. :flower:
  8. oceans

oceans New Member

That is so great...I hope the Tantrum free Wednesday holds up!!!