First Week of November Weekly Thread!

LittleDudesMom

:autumn:It is so hard to believe that it's November already! Winter holidays are approaching!

There is definitely a chill in the air this morning - quite a contrast to Halloween when it was in the 80's!! My little doxie and I both had our winter get up on for his walk this morning!

I hope this No Meltdown Monday lives up to it's name and this week is a quiet and productive one!

*Sharon

SuZir

IC I'm SO jealous! We have dark, wet, rain, mud and at times flavoured with some wind and more dark, rain, wet and mud. And no snow at least in two more weeks. Blaah!

Californiablonde

I wish we had snow! We don't get any in Southern California. Norther California, yes, but not Southern. Right now our weather is cold, overcast, and cloudy. It's been in the fifties and sixties. I don't mind the cooler fall weather but the overcast skies are kinda depressing for me. I wish it was cool and sunny. Hopefully the sun will make an appearance sooner or later.

tiredmommy

Tell you what: I'll gladly share my snow from the snow belts outside Buffalo once it starts falling here. I'm sure IC feels the same way.

C

Confused

Hello everyone.. hope your day was good and stay warm!( we rarely get snow and when we do, its not much and melts fast!)

tiredmommy

It's election day in the US, don't forget to vote! I'm cleaning and reorganizing in the basement today. Yay, me! :hammer:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

TM-Sorry you are spending the day cleaning and reorganizing, but while you are at it you can stop by my house:)

On my way to work in a few minutes. We are doing state testing (never mind that we just finished MAP testing-grrr, let's just test the kids forever).

Wishing all a peaceful day!

cubsgirl

Good Morning Everyone.

I'm drinking some coffee and relaxing. I have tons of cleaning and organizing to do today too. Plus I'm trying to pull together all the paperwork on difficult child so husband and I can file for guardianship before his 18th birthday which is next month. We probably won't get a court date before his 18th birthday because we underestimated how long it would take to get the reports from the various professionals (his doctor wants all reports before she'll fill out the physician portion of the guardianship stuff).

It's a busy time of year for us....but I'm looking forward to getting lots done around the house before I start my NEW JOB (Yeah!!!!) on January 13th.

C

Confused

Morning Everyone! Hope your day goes well and congrats on your new job cubsgirl!!

SuZir

Contrary to yesterday with dark, wet, rain and mud, today we have enjoyed of rain, dark, mud and wet; and some lovely wind that turns any umbrella upside down and breaks it. Though no sense to use umbrella anyway. It rains horizontally right now. I'm seriously longing for winter!

Other than that, I'm having a fine day.

Have a nice day ladies!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Thursday to all!

It is going to be a very cool day today with temps reaching into only the low 40s. Along with being cool it is going to be a very long day. I start teaching at 7:30 this morning and will be doing conferences until 8:00 tonight. The hard part is the conferences are straight from 3:45-8:00 so there will be no dinner tonight! However, on the good news side of things I slept a good 8 hours last night.

Wishing all a delightful day!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon~ I hope your day goes quickly!

I've already been out and back. Duckie and I picked up her twin bffs just before 7AM and took them through this local drive-through breakfast joint. We then drove to the next village over for a scenic drive while they ate their breakfast before school. It was fun, but not something I'd like to do everyday... way too early for me!

SuZir

Good Morning!

And mine really is good. Outside it is dark, mud, wet and rain (in that order for today), but I do have a good day.

difficult child has few days off, and his plane will be here soon. He has other things to do for the day, but at the evening he will be home and stay till Sunday. Have missed my whelp a ton.

Have a nice day!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Saturday All!!

Does anyone have great plans for their weekend? So far mine has started off peaceful. I missed bootcamp because I was able to sleep a little later. Surprisingly difficult child is still asleep-thank goodness for small miracles! No big plans for the day; I hope to get to the health club and the grocery store before easy child needs the car for work. Maybe I'll even go to a couple of craft fairs-we'll see. Some of it depends on difficult child and his mood.

Wishing all a fun Saturday!

SuZir

Good evening!

I'm glad your weekend has started peacefully. Mine... Well, not. It seems my weekend plans consist of playing peace keeper and crisis management consultant.

As I said, I have missed my difficult child a ton. Now that he is third day here, I'm not quite sure why. I mean, I love that kid more than life, but oh my gaad, how he can annoy. I'm sure he could annoy bees out of honey jar without even trying. husband is even more annoyed than I am. And easy child is in the tournament that is not going like he hopes for and is angry. Doesn't help that tomorrow is Father's Day and husband wants to drive hundred miles to see easy child play at that tournament, if he gets any playing time at all. And because it is Father's Day it is clear he will be very offended if I and difficult child won't go with him. Oh, Joy!

Well, they say that what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger (or maybe wanting to kill your family, can't remember which.)

I sincerly hope you others have more peaceful weekend than I!