FIVE Bags?

InsaneCdn

"Oooh, look! A Chicken!" problem
I thought that was an ADHD syndrome, not an Aspie one!

Distraction. Ya. Except... with ADHD we have it both ways, and I can focus on the ball so well that I don't even hear the hot-dog vendor.

trinityroyal

I thought that was an ADHD syndrome, not an Aspie one!

Distraction. Ya. Except... with ADHD we have it both ways, and I can focus on the ball so well that I don't even hear the hot-dog vendor.

Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), ADHD, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), EIEIO. Throw it all in the mixer...I've got all of it to varying degrees. And yes, hyper-focus comes along for the ride, although I'm more likely to focus on the tubas in the marching band than the football. They're bigger and shinier.

DammitJanet

lol I will explain it well enough that you can watch it on TV and then especially when the little ones want to play it and you really need to know enough to understand what they did and why it was a good thing. That will be important to them.

LittleDudesMom

I'm with Janet - I'm a football fan! I grew up right outside Washington Difficult Child and my father had season tickets (our family still has them and mom sells 1/2 of them to my sister and her SO and the other half to a man who has been buying them since dad passed away in 2003). So I grew up cruising the streets of Difficult Child on my way to the old JFK stadium on Sundays from fall to January to see my Redskins!

Football is definitely more than just the game - it's a whole social experience for real football fans. Transform them Janet!!

Sharon

susiestar

Roll With It
Trinity, you are looking at the WRONG thing.

In college a friend's dad had booster club tickets and we usually ended up in them. Right behind where the team sat. I don't get the game, but those tights the guys wear? Fine with me! You can guess where I was looking - and it had NOTHING to do with tubas!

trinityroyal

Trinity, you are looking at the WRONG thing.

In college a friend's dad had booster club tickets and we usually ended up in them. Right behind where the team sat. I don't get the game, but those tights the guys wear? Fine with me! You can guess where I was looking - and it had NOTHING to do with tubas!

Susie, I'm right there with you. Did I mention that husband used to play offensive tackle?

That's part of my problem. I'm trying NOT to be distracted by shiny objects.