Flash Mob for the Australian Floods

Marg's Man

This is well done

On a Saturday in early February, at Karrinyup Shopping Centre (yes, Perth, Western Australia) the Variety Club Youth Choir organized a FLASH MOB where they all were incognito in the Food Hall, and started standing up in groups singing "We are Australians"

The purpose is to raise money for the QLD floods. Each time it is clicked on, money is raised through Google ads, so please watch. There's also a link to make a more formal donation through the Variety Club of Western Australia.

It is a beaut way of suppporting these struggling Aussies.

Go to - http://www.youtube.com/storytellermedia

Marg's Man

PS Do NOT try to click on View comments, related videos, and more. There's an error in the code which will crash your browser. It's not malicious just a nuisance.

Estherfromjerusalem

Marg's Man, thank you so much for posting that. I watched it just now, twice. I have recently become quite addicted to Flash Mob films on youtube. This was very meaningful. Did you see at the end, when people were clapping, there was a quite young lady sitting there with a very red nose and eyes -- she was obviously moved to tears. It was very meaningful.

Australia is meaning a bit more to me these days. First of all, because of all your "weather" which made the news and I watched so much news. And second, my difficult child -- I can't believe I'm writing this here, because I intend to post a post about it once it has happened -- my difficult child is going to Australia on Tuesday evening. Yes, he is leaving home, and he has a visa for a year, which allows him to work and to study. He has British citizenship (because both I and my husband are born and bred Britishers), so he had no problem getting the visa over the internet -- it took less than 24 hours! He has been working for the past year and a half and has enough money saved to do this. He has a cousin who is there on a similar visa, and he will be going to Sydney. Maybe, just maybe, if I can save up enough money, I will go and visit him at some stage in the year.

I loved that Flash Mob. Did you see the one in a cafe when they did the Hallelujah Chorus. I was in floods of tears by the time that finished! I know, I'm a sentimental old slob!

Anyway, thanks!

Love, Esther

Marguerite

We loved the Hallelujah Chorus one. We had a lot of friends send it to us. In Sydney every Christmas a very large volunteer choir assembles, the sole purpose of it being to perform Handel's Messiah in Sydney Town Hall. Half the hall is choir! It is so big, there are problems with sound delay from one side of the choir to the other. When Hallelujah Chorus begins, everyone in the audience stands up as a mark of respect.

If you do some to Sydney at any stage, make contact and we will show you around.

Marg