Floor Cleaner help

F

flutterbee

I have the pergo type laminate floor in my kitchen. I've always used Mr. Clean to mop, but my mom swears by Murphy's Oil Soap and it said it was good for laminate and ceramic tile (which I have in my bathroom) so I got some.

Followed the directions (difficult child mopped for me last night) and it left this film on my floor. It feels gross and it looks gross.

So, did I do something wrong? If I get some Mr. Clean and mop it again will it take away the film? Since we used the Murphy's Oil Soap with the mop am I going to have to get a new mop, too?

What a mess. difficult child is going to make a killing off the floor. :rofl:

DammitJanet

I had a friend with that Pergo flooring and they just used water with a bit of vinegar in it to wash the floors. They said that is what the instructions said to use.

skeeter

agree with Janet - that's what the instructions for the Pergo I once had said.

Swiffer Wet Jet does have a cleaner type for laminate, you might want to check that out.

In the meantime, you need to get the left over residue off the floor. I'd start with the vinegar and water (not a high concentration of vinegar) on a small area, then switch to just water once the stickiness is gone. If that works, then do the entire floor.

I wouldn't use Murphy's on the tile, either - I think you may wind up with the same residue problem. I just use dilute bleach and water in our bathroom.