Florida member touch base

susiestar

Roll With It
With Fay coming in, and visitors encouraged to leave, I am worried about our Floridians. Please touch base if you can, and let us know you are OK.

Hugs and prayers for no damage to anyone,

Susie

meowbunny

Better check with us at the end of the week. Most of us live in Central and Northern Florida (do any live in Southern Florda?). Won't really hit us until later this week.

Gut feeling we're going to get some rain and wind but nothing major and probably nothing more than we usually get. Let's hope I'm right. Did I mention I really hate thunder and lightning?

susiestar

Roll With It
Thanks for letting me know MB. I saw the advisory for visitors to leave and started to worry. My Gma and Gpa lived in the middle of FL (Port Charlotte) and rarely was disturbed by the storms, but we used to worry.

N

Nomad

I'm in South Fla. Right this moment...lots of rain and wind outside. It seems a little dark as well. Nothing too terrible. I just don't want the power to go out. We got cash, gas, a little extra food and water yesterday and put in a few things from outside. I think we are set. Our son is visiting folks in Central Florida. He called this morning...didn't mention anything. I think they might get some of this late today or early tomorrow. We were suppose to be leaving this morning for a drive up the state...but cancelled it. Sigh.

scent of cedar

Southern Florida here, too. This is our first hurricane, so we are a little leery. Those who are from the area say commonsense will get us all through this one, as it is only a Category 1. It's been fascinating to watch the emergency response teams go into action. They are very well prepared. Voluntary evacuations on Sanibel and Marco Islands today. Shelters will be opening here at four o'clock today, but we will be safe where we are.

It's been an amazing thing to see.

There is no rain yet, but the clouds are very dark and heavy and there is no birdsong.

Barbara