Follow up, my doctor appointment and new medications for anxiety

tinamarie1

Ok, so remember a few days ago I was being a whiny baby to husband and hoping that when i went to the doctor this week he would take me off of Busbar and put me on Ativan. husband being a nurse said that he didn't think that would happen because Ativan is a narcotic, addictive blah blah.
So, I went to the doctor Weds. and he put me on Celexa and also Ativan as needed. He told me he doesn't want Ativan to be a permenant fix for me, just when I absolutely need it. He gave me 30 + a refill. I told my doctor what husband said and he said it is not really addictive, not like Xanax.
I haven't taken the Ativan since I saw him, just the celexa. I feel a little foggy, I guess thats what its supposed to do? and also haven't felt like benge eating like i have been. I wonder if it is sort of an appetite supressant?

TerryJ2

Glad you got it straightened out. Looks like you have some solid info to work with-, too. Best of luck. I hope you continue to feel better. It really makes a difference.

Sara PA

Ativan is a benzodiazepine, just like Xanax, and has all the same side effects and risks including addiction. In fact, it has a relatively high addiction risk compared to others in the benzodiazepine class of drugs.

tinamarie1

Sara, I was just curious, are you a doctor or nurse? Please don't take it the wrong way, but I have noticed in many posts you give medical advice or drug information. And its usually contrary to what someones doctor has told them.
Just curious...