Follow up with Psychiatrist

Dara

I guess it is one of those good news bad news things. We have found someone good who can help but there is a lot of help needed. Basically, he is raising his depakote level to help with the impulse control and behavioral issues. he is hoping that it helps with his sleep and in turn helps with concentration. He gave us respidrol to hold onto in case it is needed but hope not to need it. Basiaclly, he said that the stuff going on with Sammy and me is not my fault. It is like a bad habit for him so whenever I am present he goes into this mode nd there is nothing we can do about it until we get his impulisvity under control. We hope that this will work and we go back in 3 weeks to go from there.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well it sounds like he is trying! We use Risperdal-mtabs (fast melt) Did he give you those? They work a lot quicker.
I don't think ours are strong enough anymore though, they do not touch her when she is raging.
THey used to calm her though and kind of make her a bit sleepy.
Glad you are moving forward.

Dara

We have the liquid and he would start with 1/8 of 1 ML but our first line is the depakote so we will see what happens there

TerryJ2

Dara, I hope that works. Often, once you get the right medication, you can work on behavior modification and it is so nice to see the changes!