Food Network Fans...does anyone drive you nuts?

DDD

I like to think I am basically a kind person but Ann Burrell's (sp?) show drives me nuts. She's evidently a talented woman. I've watched her "teach" groups in competition on the Network. Her private program is just plain uncomfortable to watch. She seems to be "trying too hard" to chit chat. Sometimes she is like a poor imitation of Rachel Ray. I don't know if it is new program nerves of ADHD to the max. I just can't watch her with-o feeling uncomfortable. Have you seen it? DDD

LittleDudesMom

I'm a Food Network watcher, one of my favorite channels. I actually like her on that worst cooks show but didn't like her at all on the next iron chef show -- i was glad she didn't win! I've not watched her show because I'm not a fan either.

Sharon

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I can tolerate almost any one except two women and one guy:

PAULA DEAN-I just want to smash her in the mouth. Her accent sounds so fake.
RACHEL RAY-her scratchy throaty voice should be looked at by an oncologist, there's something wrong there.

BOBBY FLAY-he almost always has to win the throw down and he's incredibly egotistical, I can't stand the little leprechaun!

There, I said it out loud, lol. Thanks for asking, lol.

susiestar

Roll With It
WOW, glad I am not alone in some opinions. Ann Burrell is talented as a chef, but cannot carry a show alone. I have known people with Paula Deen's accent so it doesn't bug me but her harping on her kids is annoying - I saw a clip where she prepared turducken and while I ahven't had it, I sure won't ever after seeing her make it. I often wonder if some of these chefs has any clue about food borne illness, esp the way they taste things and stick the spoon back in the pot. I can't cope with that. Never could and Paula did that turducken and licked stuffing off her fingers after patting it out on the bird - ick.

Ann Burrell just doesn't seem to "get" the more conversational style of many of the other chefs. Rachel Ray is nice and has some great recipes, but her shows seem to rehash the same recipes just like her books do. If you ever end up with mroe than 2 of her books you will realize they are ALL the same recipes, maybe with a little tweak.

I will say that Ann gave a great foundation in the basics on that worst cook show. MUCH better instruction in how to use a knife safely, etc......

DDD

My husband loves Paula. I am sure it is because she is always throwing scads of butter into and on top of everything and we "try" to eat healthy, lol. The accent doesn't bother me because :) I'm from the South. Rachel is an endearing motor mouth to me. Chances are I'd hang out with her if given a choice.

Ann was ok on the Worst Cooks program but she is either very nervous having her own show or she's more than a bit too hyped. Yeah, Bobby is an egomaniac. Most of the time I just watched Chopped but Ann got on my last nerve this week. I knew eventually somebody would find it and stomp it, lol. DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Does anyone remember Jacques Torres? The chocolatier? Omg, easy child and I used to watch his show all the time (bibs for drooling)...he was one of the originals. He owns a chocolatier shop in Brooklyn and one year we went into NYC to the Javitz Center for the annual chocolate show. We came upon his booth and well, I am embarrassed to admit it, but I became one of those blubbering idiots, had him sign my program book, turned to introduce him to easy child (the budding pastry chef) and my family had deserted me! Hahaha. And he's much shorter in real life-on tv he seemed very tall. Not.

I like ladies with southern accents, but I think Paula lays it on a bit too much for effect. I love the barefoot contessa, i think her name is Ina Gardner. easy child and I watch the cake boss and chopped together and laugh our butts off. Lol.

DammitJanet

I am a Food Network addict. I love them all to be honest. Paula Dean is so very dear to me. I could sit down with her and just gab for days. Did you know she has two vices? Smoking and Diet Coke...lol. A lady after my own heart! She was on Dr Oz one day and he asked her a question about the one appliance she couldnt live without and she said her deep fryer! Thats a southern cook for ya.

I like Bobby Flay. Oh boy his ribs and hamburgers just come through the TV as if I had smellavision.

Ann Burrell is good on Worst Cooks but I rarely watch her on her own show. I also watch the Barefoot Contessa sometimes but she is a bit too fancy for me. I love Best Things I ever ate. Chopped is a favorite that I watch every week. I watch Iron Chef most weeks. Cupcake wars. I didnt like Sweet Genius. He was an idiot. Cake boss...now The next cake boss. I watch any cake show I can find. I do like Guy Fiori I think thats how you spell his name but I am not as fond of Drive ins, Diners and Dives. Oh...Alton Brown, how can I forget him!

shellyd67

I don't care for Ann or Rachel :talkhand:they both are more than annoying IMVHO.

I love Paula and Ina Garten. Ina cooks with such a calmness and makes it look so easy and everything she makes looks delicious...

My favorite show on Food Network is Chopped. I love it !

DDD

Lucky me...I don't really love sweets so I don't watch cupcakes, chocolate, wedding cakes etc. Every now and then I eat something rich and fattening but I never bake anything at home.

I like Ina but her ingredients are usually way above my budget. Her demeanor is pleasant and if I win the lottery I'll start watching more. I also "kinda" like the blond Mom who preps four meals for ten bucks. Her name is a bit different and not coming to me right now. husband loved the Neely's but haven't seen them lately. I watch tht channel regularly as I just am tired of Law and Order reruns, lol. DDD

DammitJanet

I also love HGTV and I am entering daily to win the Dream house. If I win...Provo Utah here I come! Oh do I need to win...lol. No more Bucky...lmao