Football fan thread

BusynMember

I'm not really invested in the Pats or Giants (normally can't stand Pats or Giants) but this game is interesting because it could be historic. However, I'm cheering for the Giants :smile:
Tomorrow I hope my Packers play better than they did against the Bears. THAT was painful for this Pack fanatic! And I had to watch it in Illinois with my grown son who is a crazed Bears fan!

ck1

Ha!! I'm watching the game for the very same reason and seriously cheering on the Giants!! I'm hoping my Steelers play well tomorrow but some of our best guys won't be playing, so we'll see...

Now see, I quite ENJOYED last weeks Bears game...

...but that's just me.

However, if the Packers were playing the Pats right now this very second, I would have to pull for Green Bay. Go Giants.

Cks, my stepsons are massive Steeler fans. They love Troy Polamalu.

ILMS, I have something to tell you, since you are a Bills fan.

Ahem.

"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."

skeeter

ah...
I live in Cincinnati.......
We have the Bengals......
I now have a paper bag over my head......
Again.....
There's always next year.......

DammitJanet

Stomp Stomp Stomp!

Even though my family lives in spitting distance of the Patriots...I cant stand them!

They have now tied my beloved Dolphins record BUT...until they get that perfect season to include no losses and winning the super bowl the Dolphins will still be supreme. I still have some hope...lol.

VLong

We too were watching and hoping that the Patriots would lose...I still think they will not go all the way. They won at least 4 or 5 games by only 3 points...not enough to make me call them great. Lucky, definitely, but great, nope, not yet.

We are serious 49'er fans here. husband had season tickets for 25 years! So, Skeeter, we've had a few years of wanting to put a paper bag over our heads, too. However, living in Rams country we do feel really great knowing that our beloved Niners have had a better season than the Lambs. husband said he was going to buy every teams flag and fly the one that was playing the Rams on our front porch on Sundays. I informed him that I like my living room windows intact and with no pellet or bullet holes in them or flaming dog-doo on my front porch :rofl:, so we bought NFL Sunday ticket instead and it's been great!!

Go to whatever teams the Pats end up playing in the playoffs!!!

DavidWH

Oh man.. I feel beat up... I am from Vermont orignally... I love the NE Pats - come on got to admit.. they got it going on... but they seem to be getting tired... last night game was a tough one to watch... giants did some good things

No worries.. NE will be in SB

BusynMember

I personally think the Pats are very arrogant and I can't stand Tom Brady, but that's me. At this point in time, if the Cowboys beat the Packers for the NFC title, I will still be cheering for the Cowboys if they face the Pats (I love Indy so I hope they beat the Pats--to me, the guys are just more classy and less "I'm in your face--we are the greatest.") Next to the Pack, Indy is my fav team and I love Peyton Manning (but not as much as brett favre) :wink:

happymomof2

Since we live in North Florida we are Jag fans. Use to be die hard Dolphin fan until we got the Jags. Felt like such a traitor. I don't follow all the teams and try to catch the Jags when I am able. Think the Jags got a wildcard playoff spot.

My sister is married to a complete Patriot fan. Years and years ago I was watching my favorite team - the Dolphins - play the patriots in patriot territory. It was like a stinking blizzard. When the patriots came out to kick a field goal they actually allowed a bulldozer to plow off a spot for them to place the ball. Maybe this is the norm but I don't recall them doing that for our team. Never like the patriots since. My favorite team right now is the Jags and anyone who is playing the patriots!! I know I know I need to get over it! :rofl:

saving grace

Girls Girls Girls! Why all the Patriot hating??? LOL, I seem to remember the same posts whent he Red Sox went all the way.

C'mon give us some love, They just went 16-0 there has to be something said for that right.

Last nights game was very close and tough to watch but worth it in the end.

Go Pats!

Star*

call 911........call 911
NANCY??? NANCYYYYYYYYYYYY?????

(ahem)

I can't speak for Nancy, but I believe I am correct in saying...

GOOOOOOOOOO BROWNS - (irregardless)

Thank you!

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Skeeter - from Dayton here so we are a family of Bengals fans. We have the same bag over our heads too. Although when I go in the office tomorrow (was out last week), I will have to mention to those Brown fans about last weeks game.

Nancy

Thanks Star................

Go Browns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was suppose to go to the game today. husband thought it was too cold. So I watched on TV. Yeah Brownies!!!!

Now the Titans have to lose so we can go to the playoffs.

Nancy

Wiped Out

Staff member
First off I'm a huge Packer fan having grown up 5 blocks from Lambeau Field! They are and always will be my favorite. I'm so glad they won today! :fan:

I'm one who really loves Tom Brady, of course, that could be because he played at Michigan! I think he is confident but not overly so-I want a quarterback who is confident! And I like his looks too! Of course, Brett Favre is my favorite!

BusynMember

Sunday was a great day for this Pack fan:
1/ Pack won with their second and third stringers
2/ Cowboys lost (although Romo is a Wisconsin boy and has many fans here--I like him, but of course HAVE to cheer against the Cowboys)

I really don't like teams that buy their way to pennants and playoffs, and I prefer classy, low key guys than those who flaunt it, which is partly why I also love Indianapolis. I don't live there, never did, but really like them.

Those Red Skins will be hard to beat. They're making a point--playing for their boy Sean, and they looked possessed. At this point, I think they're the team to beat (except for the...Pats). I think Brady is VERY arrogant...just don't care for him...jmo. All's fair in love and football :wink: