Football fans: Who do you want to win?

BusynMember

Since the Packers didn't make it, I'm not as interested as I could be. I have never been a fan of any NY team and I hate the Patriots. By default, I have to cheer for the Giants. It's the lesser of two evils for me :crazy1:

As they said in Madagascar,

"All hail! The New York Giants!"

I would have liked to have seen the Packers go the the Superbowl. I HATE the Packers, but as an avid fan, I respect Brett Fav-ruh as a player. I have a hard time respecting Brady as a player, even though he is good, because he is so smug. I really can't stand Bellechick, what a tool.

I hope the Giants mop the floor with them. I wish Shockey was playing. He is yummy.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
The Giants!!! I live in CT, but I'm a true NY-er. And I don't really follow football that closely, but this one will be interesting for sure around our neighborhood-haha

Lothlorien

Being from NJ, we, of course, are Giant fans. I hope they win, but as things usually go, they will probably do really well in the first half and then they'll get their hinies whipped by the Pats.

Debdeb1031

My family are HUGE NY GIANTS fans.....in fact, my brothers are waiting for my Anthony to be recruited by them (big delusional sports fanatics :) )....

HEY BBK....no lie...Bob and I know a WOMAN who looks exactly like Shockey...her nickname is Monsoon....very very scary!!!!

I'm praying that the Giants win and our numbers come out!!!!!

DammitJanet

Now star...you were supposed to yell...Go Panthers! Alas...that isnt an option either...lmao.

Im rooting for the Giants too....anyone but the Patriots.

Little tidbit of Super Bowl trivia. The last team to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl were the Packers...lmao.

BusynMember

I hear ya, Janet. I"m not that invested in the Super Bowl. None of my favorite teams are in it. I'm a Packer fan first and forever, but I also like the Colts. But since I hate the Pats I'd like to blow their perfect season. Otherwise, I'd never be cheering for the Giants.

nvts

Gooooo Giants! I used to be a season ticket holder (7th row end zone!), naturally during most of their lackluster years!

Can't wait to see them kick hinee's!

It got too expensive to go and then the difficult child's came along, I was always recovering from the c-sections right after the season started so that was the end of my tailgaiting career.

It's gonna be fun and you CAN'T beat the commercials!

Beth

Packers were indeed the last ones to beat them in a Superbowl.

But NOBODY has ever beaten them (or anyone) as badly as we whipped them in SB XX.

If the game Sunday gets boring, I can always watch that one again. My dad taped it.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I guess I'm the only one cheering for the Patriots. I have always really liked Tom Brady. Of course, part of that is because he played for Michigan. Coaches and players never had anything but good to say about him. He works hard. He was a 6th round draft choice who has done an awesome job. husband reads a lot about former Michigan players and says everything he has read has been positive-about what a great work ethic he has, that he is never satisfied with his performance, and that he is always trying to improve.

DammitJanet

One of the reasons I dont want the Patriots to win is because I have always been a true blue Miami Dolphin fan...lol. I dont want the Patriots to have the "perfect season." I know I know. Its a technicality at this point but one I am sticking with. Anyway...Miami did it first!!! Go Griesi! One day my Dolphins will return to greatness...maybe in my lifetime.

meowbunny

Janet, we can dream. We have a good GM now but I can't believe the coaches. How many Dallas exes do we need? Wasn't Jimmy J enough to teach Miami we don't need Cowboy staff? sheesh!!!!!

At least we can say it took 35 years for someone to beat the Dolphins' undefeated season IF the Pats do it.

janebrain

Well, I am officially a Buffalo Bills fan so I don't get to cheer about much but I am cheering for the Giants in the Super Bowl. Reasons: 1) I live in NY state 2) The Bills and Pats are in the same division so I hate the Pats for that reason 3) I hate the Pats anyway, I am sick of them, they are way too good and I find them sort of mechanical and boring

Go Giants!

Jane

WiscKaren

Giants here! Hubby really wanted the Packers to go on; I wanted the Seattle Seahawks. But since neither one of them are in the Super Bowl....Go Giants!

sameold sameold

Go Pats!!! I am from New England after all. I actually only watch the super bowl for the commercials and have fun preparing the food. I am actually a Red Sox fan, I like baseball much better.

DammitJanet

MB...35 years sounds so long but whats even worse is that I actually remember that game! Super Bowl 7. Miami vs Redskins. I lived in Richmond Va and everyone around me was going for the Redskins but to show my oppositional side I just had to pick the Dolphins...lmao!

For Xmas that year all I asked for was Dolphin gear. My parents had to order it out of the Sears catalog in the boys department.