For Abbey ***Updated!!!***

Andy

Prayers for Abbey's parents. Please put her in touch with them soon. NOW would be good!

Abbey, where were they last?

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm not exactly sure. They travel a lot around that area. But, they live about 30-40 miles from the hit. It's very unusual that they don't respond. They usually call and say that they are evacuating, but didn't get that call. They're probably sitting at some friend's house somewhere sipping drinks while I worry.

They are very transient and can pack up in 10 minutes and get out. I hope that is what happened.

Geez...I wish I had a TV that had more than one channel.

I'm going to check CNN.com for any info.

Thanks for your concern.

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
Still haven't heard from them. Ugh. My dad wears his cell phone like a gun...always ready and on the hip. Hope I hear soon. I'm checking out the website.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey saying a prayer for your parents. Maybe thanks to the storm cell phone calls arent' getting thru? And I'd imagine the land lines might be overloaded with traffic as well due to others wanting to be sure family and friends are safe.

Keeping fingers crossed, sending major good juju that they are fine, just frustrated they can't get you on the phone too.

((hugs))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Abbey -

Sending postive vibes to you and your folks. I don't get a bad feeling about them - but I think they are probably organizing things and helping people.

Hugs

Andy

I have a feeling they will show up on your door step in a few days. Since they can't get through via phone, they are racing your way to let you know they are o.k.

witzend

Any info, Abbey? Did you find a good website? Try the website for the local television station where they are at.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts. Yes, they made it out safe. All I know is they went NW. I was on my 10 minute break so didn't have a whole lot of time to chat. I don't know how far they went, etc. They haven't been home (obviously) to see if there is damage.

Big sigh for me today.

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
HOC (no, that's not a northern 'hock') ;)

Book is doing well. I need a trip back to meet with the characters and get more info. Hopefully that will happen in late October. I write a bit each day, or reread what I've already done, but also working so much that time is precious.

Thanks for asking.

Abbey

Steely

Good news Abbey. I know that the hurricane missed even Dallas by just tens of miles........it veered East. So NW could even mean Amarillo or something. I am SO glad they are OK.
Hugs.

meowbunny

Sorry I didn't notice earlier but I'm so glad to hear everything is okay. Let us know how their house withstood everything when you get a chance. Oh, and don't work too hard!