for all of you dog lovers out there

muttmeister

Don't forget that tonight and tomorrow night is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. The first hour tonight is on USA and the rest is on CNBC. I know what I'll be watching.:D

klmno

Oh thanks! I love watching it but usually miss the "real thing" and end up watching a rerun on the animal channel.

Also, not to hijack your thread but if I can add something for pet lovers, here is a link where all a person needs to do is "click" (for free) and food/supplies gets donated to animal shelters.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/...tg_ars_home_from_ars_shelterchallenge_sitenav

ETA: I just noticed a tab on there for breast cancers where you can click and sponsors donate to get free mammograms for people. (Did you know that some older men can get viargra covered by their insurance on a regular basis but some older women can't get a mammo covered more than every 2 years?) I can't verify the validity of this siter but it says it's a partner of petfinder which I think is legitimate. I figure I'm not paying anything so nothing can be lsot by clicking anyway.

MM: Do you want me to delete this from your thread and start another one for this link?

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The gorgeous basset did not win the hound group. :2dissapointed::hairy:

Neither did the 13 in beagle or the wire haired dachshund didn't get it either.

Needless to say I was not impressed with the breeds that did win.

Oh, well.......... There is always the working group. :tongue:

klmno

Ditto- I'm enjoying these toys so far because I like little furballs. LOL!

But in the hounds, I really liked the basset, the beagle with the long floppy ears, and the bloodhound. I missed a few of them- my mind was wandering. Oh- I really liked the miniature spaniel, too (if I have that right). I enjoy the working, herding, and non-sporting so I have something to look forward to tomorrow!!.

Well- they are coming on now...

Last edited:

donna723

... and for anyone who's a fan of the little black and white guys with the sticky-up ears ... :D (like me, for instance!) Aren't dey just the cutest widdle things?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I avoid watching the German Shepherd rings. It just breaks my heart to see what has happened to the GSD in America.

It's to the point that a top winning Euro dog cannot even compete in the US shows. And yet, it is the Euro dogs that are used to actually work.

The American dogs are so over angulated in back that they practically look deformed.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I have to admit Boston's are might cute!

Did you guys spot the otter hound in the hound group?? OMG it was like a large walking stuffed animal! :rofl: He was adorable!