My son was going thru his triennial re-evaluation when he was arrested, sent away to a psychiatric hospital, and now has been sentenced to the state dept of juvenile justice. He'll go to state prison for juvies. The school district was supposedly doing a complete (HA) re-evaluation to determine if he was still eliegible for an IEP because I asked for his class. to be changed. Anyway, I figured this was heading to me asking for an IEE afterwards, but I had to let them go thru their processes. They had tried before to say they wanted to wait until he was stable to test him. I was not in agreement with that because I thought the point was to find out how his illness was effecting his learning ability, not to wait until he was not symptommatic. I think what they really wanted was to "catch him at his best" and when he was back in their school so they didn't have to worry about getting to him out of town. Now, they want to have a meeting about eligibilty. I asked how they determined eligibility when I didn't think they ever completed their assessment. This is the response just emailed to me: Ok- how can we determine if he's still eligible if they have not even completed their assessment? Frankly, after 3 psychiatric hospital admittances in a 6 1/2 week period, NO ONE outside the school district even queestions the necessity for him to be on an IEP. Secondly, how could they take him off his IEP under these circumstances? Their deadline for the triennial review is coming up soon and they haven't completed it. How is meeting to discuss this in difficult child's best interest? What is there to discuss? They need to get to him and test them don't they? And, no, I don't want anything discussed over the phone- I want it documented. How should I respond to this email?