For my dad...

nvts

May God welcome him and grant you peace. Many prayers and hugs headed your way...keep looking for pennies from heaven - it's him letting you know he's OK.

Beth

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It's been a rough road, filled with frustration and loss. I am so sorry.

Gentle hugs,
Suz

DazedandConfused

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

It's been several years since my difficult child father died and I think the emotion I'm left with after all these years is confusion. I still don't understand him and I don't think I ever will. He did terrible and cruel things to me, my siblings, and my mother. Now, I mostly don't think about it, or him. On a very rare occasion I wonder what in the heck drove the man to do the things he did, but there's just no answer that satisfies. So, I focus on living my life and raising my kids to be productive citizens.

((hugs))

TerryJ2

Oh. When I saw the subject heading, I knew right away what it was.
Lovely choice for a song.
Many hugs.

Mattsmom277

I'm very sorry for your loss and will be keeping you in my thoughts. I know that this is a difficult time for a varied number of reasons, none of them easy.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thank you all so very much.

I find myself listening to a lot of music lately as a distraction. It's uncanny how certain songs seem to come on the radio when I'm in the car that speak to the loss of someone close. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive right now. I went to sleep Sunday night with my headphones on, and at 1:30am I woke suddenly and the song that was playing was Aerosmith's "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing." Hearing it at that moment almost felt like it was a message. I don't normally feel that way about things, but it's happened a few times this past week. Life feels very surreal at the moment.

DammitJanet

GCV....well, since you mentioned music and you have been listening to it I will post one.

This is one I keep hearing and listening to and thinking about because of my dad being sick.

Oh by the way, your Dad was born on the same day as my mom! Just a few years later...lol. my mom was 3/4/28

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I lost a very dear friend in 2003 and, upon hearing the news, walked from the house to the car to go for a drive. I turned the car on and "Postcard from Heaven" started playing, from the very beginning. Even then, the song was far from new.

I don't think these things are coincidences.

Many prayers, Jean.