For some it is reality

Allan-Matlem

Here is a letter a kid wrote to his parents. For some the letter is reality for others ,maybe it will help us to get things into perspective

February 18th, 2006 by Sue Blaney

A father passing by his son’s bedroom was astonished to see the bed was nicely made, and everything was picked up. Then, he saw an envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow. It was addressed, “Dad.” With the worst premonition, he opened the envelope and read the letter, with trembling hands.
“Dear Dad,
It is with great regret and sorrow that I’m writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene with Mom and you. I’ve been finding real passion with Stacy, and she is so nice, but I knew you would not approve of her, because of all her piercings, tattoos, her tight Motorcycle clothes, and because she is so much older than I am. But it’s not only the passion, Dad! She’s pregnant! Stacy said that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. We share a dream of having many more children. Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn’t really hurt anyone. We’ll be growing it for ourselves, and trading it with the other people in the commune, for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want. In the meantime, we’ll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so Stacy can get better. She sure deserves it!! Don’t worry Dad, I’m 15, and I know how to take care of myself.
Someday, I’m sure we’ll be back to visit, so you can get to know your grandchildren.
Love, your son,
David
P.S. Dad, None of the above is true. I’m over at Tommy’s house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than the report card that’s in my center desk drawer. I love you!Call when it is safe for me to come home.”
Perhaps this story came your way as it has been circulating on the web. It’s a classic. If I knew to whom I should attribute it, I would. After you stop laughing, consider the message. It’s a good one.

nvts

I love it! That whole thing really does help put it all in its proper perspective!

Our oldest difficult child suffers from a horrible syndrome that just about all men suffer from occasionally. There's no shame in it...it's natural, it happens to every male at least once in their lives...it can be attributed to stress, illness, just being tired...performance anxiety...

you guessed it...

"premature negotiation"! :rofl:

Before he even states what the situation is, this child will work out at least 5 different ways to turn the solution to his advantage! It's amazing!

If my son was just a little bit older and didn't resist writing so much, he could have devised and written that letter and scenario!

God bless them...they do keep it lively!!!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
What a smart- My Gosh I was really believing it. I even was thinking....trading pot for extasy - they must have someone sober watching the kids. ()oy.

I think i shall like to compose the same theme of letter for the the next time I do a big boo boo with my DF. hahah.....(Yes i am wicked)