For those of you who take.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
methotextrate. Since I have started taking this medication my cat has started biting me (breaking skin) to the point of being infected 3x.

Have any of you experienced this? My cat was a total lover until I started taking this medication; he doesn't bite anyone else. husband was about to "trade" Sam in at the animal shelter for another cat because of the level of infection & the number of times he's bitten me. (by the way, I've taken Sam to the vet & he's healthy & has seen things like this before.)

Any ideas, suggestions would be helpful.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I would guess it's a smell you must have that he can sense with his "cat" senses. What about eating lots of garlic to counter the effect?

I have to say that is very odd -- I've never heard of that happening, but I can see how it could. I'm sorry that this is something you're dealing with!

svengandhi

I have been on Methotrexate at various times but my cats have never had a problem with it. Are you on the pill or the injection?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I take the pills, though I'm considering the injection as I heard you aren't quite as exhausted or have some of the side effects.