Forever Family Waffled

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I was proud of Gracie today. She's had quite a few strangers in the house over the past couple of days. But she still did exceptionally well when "forever family" arrived with Deb to meet her.

Gracie's usual response to company (strangers) is to jump the tall baby gate between the kitchen and livingroom and "put herself into the kitchen" . lol So much better than trying to crawl under the furniture to hide, or being so terrified you puddle on the floor.

Well, instead of doing this Gracie simply walked over and sat down right next to me.

Both grandkids were here. The "forever family" brought their kids which were about the grands ages and one that was about 8. Darrin got it in his head these kids had come to play with him, and set about right away to introducing them to all the pets, Gracie included. lol Aubrey, who is always extremely affectionate with the animals, especially Gracie, kept going up and hugging and kissing Graice. "Forever family was impressed Gracie has no inclination to jump on a child. Nor did Gracie make a move to snitch food from Aubrey's hand. Then jumping thing Gracie has never done even once with the kids. And we've been teaching her what we call "baby manners" about people and food. They ooohed and ahhhhhed over how adorable she is, how healthy she looks, and how other than being shy how well behaved. And Gracie took right to the kids, was only shy with the adults. But didn't shrink away when they wanted to pet her, just stuck to my side. (I was so proud)

Then they explained they wanted to see the other dog to be sure. They really liked Gracie, but wanted to make the right choice after coming so very far. (a 6 hr trip)

They chose the other dog.

Deb called me tonight and again assured me not to worry. She is very fond of Gracie already and will work hard to find her a wonderful forever home. She doesn't think it's going to take long. She thinks this family had a larger dog in mind. And Gracie is only going to be medication size. I suspected this when they asked if Betsy and Molly were also foster dogs.

Oh, well. Wasn't meant to be. But another dog got a nice forever home.

Deb asked me if I'd like Gracie placed into one of her foster homes. I told her to wait and see for now. At the moment the choas has died down here (or we're getting used to it) and it might not be such a great thing for Gracie to go to another foster before the forever family. So unless it looks like it might take longer than a week or two, she can stay here til then. I mean, geez, she's been here almost a month already. What's another 2 wks?

So now Deb is processing the other family who was really interested in Gracie.

And ya know.......I think I'll post a link to a picture of her. (not the best as my camera batteries were dying) I'm surprised I haven't already.

th_Gracie1.jpg

F

flutterbee

Lisa -

She's precious! How sweet!

I'm sorry the family didn't work out. It just means they weren't the right family. She'll find a home soon. She's just too darn cute not to.

donna723

She's beautiful! Very pretty pup. If the family waffled, that just shows that they weren't the right ones for her, and it wasn't meant to be. But her family will come along sooner or later. She's too cute for someone not to claim her soon.

Do they have her listed on Petfinders.com? That's a website where all the different rescue groups and shelters post pictures and descriptions of the pets they have available for adoption. It gets a lot of attention.

susiestar

Roll With It
Beautiful and sweet, her manners sound wonderful!!!

Hard to have her then give her up, I imagine. But at least you will be sure she goes to a good home.

Susie

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
But didn't shrink away when they wanted to pet her, just stuck to my side. (I was so proud)

I mean, geez, she's been here almost a month already. What's another 2 wks?
Besides, it's not very good for the animal to be moved around that much in between permanent homes. Better that Gracie stays will you until a forever family can be found. I think she likes you quite a bit...it would be hard for me to part with her.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Daisy, my pups were in foster care for 6 months this last time. Due to the fact that they are 2 large dogs and littermates the rescue folks didn't want them separated(although I'm sure they would eventually). It was just a quirk that I had planned on two to keep each other company. It was the right combination at the right time.
Hopefully, your Gracie will fit with the right family.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Daisy,

What "other" dog? I knew you had Betsy and Molly and Nicole brought Gracie home - but what other one? OMG you poor thing - difficult children AND 4 dogs - WOW!

Well in any event someone got a home - and you should have (according to Nicoles agreement about Gracie) a very clean house.....just sending that Auntie reminder incase someone forgot their promise to their Mom - my friend.
lol

Good job on finding someone a home - If i ever put myself up for adoption I'm coming to you!

Hugs
Sar

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
What "other" dog?

Don't have a heart attack, Starbie. lol The "other" dog is not here. Deb has many foster parents for the dogs she's finding homes for. (a long list)

So, yes. I do have 4 dogs. My 3 plus Gracie. Still. (dog Rowdy is outside)

Nichole has stuck to the agreement. But boy, oh boy! You should've seen her face when I made her hand over the 200.00 from her school loan refund as was agreed upon.

But Mom, I'm not keeping her.

The agreement, dear, was whether you keep her or not.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I swear it was Priceless. She wanted that money for car insurance.:tongue:

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
YOU SOOOOOOOO TOTALLY ROCK MOM!!!!!!!

...and a 'consequence' for Nicole?

YOU SOOOOOOO TOTALLY ROCK MOM!!!!!!!! lol

...oh and thanks for showing me little Gracie's picture....OMG puppylust.

Star*

call 911........call 911
We can stay up all night swappin' manly stories and in the morning??>>>>>>>

I'm makin' waffles!

mstang67chic

Going Green
She's soooooooooooooo adorable!!! Um.....exactly where are you in Ohio??? No! Don't tell me......yes, I want to know......er......husband isn't looking over my shoulder is he?? :clubbing:

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. No, I can't. We still haven't been able to get our last "rescue" dog fixed. I suppose though, that with the money I've spent on puppy sanitary pads, I could have paid for it already.

I'm sure she will find a good home. She looks so sweet on top of the over the top adorableness!

TerryJ2

Ohh, so cute! When I first saw the heading, I thought you were talking about human adoption and couldn't figure out about the puddle on the floor, LOL!