forgetful me....forgot my medications for a few days ...

mom23gsfg

while my son was in the hospital...with all the running back and forth to the hos and other things going on i just plain forgot

when silly me :hammer:finally relized id forgot i took them
(depakote and paxil)

when i did i got this wierd feeling and got the shakes and real nervous and felt really well... dumb

this has never happened before...i tried to continue taking them and it just got worse

ive been going ahead and taking the paxil (thats not whats bothering me)i figured that out by just trying to take it
so its the depakote
i cant get into the doctor right now ,she is so booked up....so any ideas what to do or what could be causing this?
i tried about just taking half and then gradually moving up my dosage like i had to in the beginning (but i cant even do that)i got the same feeling ,just not as bad

and without my medications im not sleeping much...my mind just races all night long

Coookie

Hi Jessica,

Not sure what might be causing that but I think I would tell the doctor, or nurse, that you had been off your medications for awhile and maybe they could squeeze you in? I don't know a lot about medications but sounds to me like you are a bit "off kilter" and they would know best how to get you back on an even keel.

Not very helpful I know... holding a good thought though.

Sorry :frown:

Hugs

DammitJanet

We are not docs so arent really in a position to say but could you consult your pharmacist? He might be the next best person to ask if you cant get in to the doctor.

I am paranoid about making sure I take my medications as I am supposed to but there have been times that I have missed a dose or 3. Not much you can do if you have the flu and nothing stays down. Fortunately I havent had a problem just picking back up where I was before I missed.

If you cant get any other info or help, take a run into the local ER and they should be able to help you. They wont admit you but they will help you with the medication issue.