forum format

klmno

I noticed the forum is going through some maintenance or something. I'm just wondering if this wierd format I'm seeing is a part of that or if my connection is bad- do I need to restart my computer or just be patient as upgrades are still being made?

Thanks!

Steely

My format looks OK, but there appears to be some new features. Can a moderator tell us what is new and cool?

R

runawaybunny

The latest version of the software that we use for this forum (vbulletin) was installed this morning.

Many new functions are available through your User Control Panel.

R

runawaybunny

Another new feature that should be very useful is the Custom Search Engine provided by Google.

The search includes several web sites that have been recommended by our mods. The list is still under construction and should be completed early next week.

klmno

Thanks, Cheryl! It just looks different to me- I get "culture shock" real easy- what can I say, LOL!!

DammitJanet

Cheryl....the one change that I have been looking for and havent been able to find...even though maybe it is here...is mobile conduct disorders. Many of the larger boards now have a version that is mobile ready so that people can access it through their phones or PDA's and it compresses the page to fit on the screen in some manner because it is a mobile format. I may not be saying it just right. Does this software come with that capability?

meowbunny

I can't find the "forum" option anymore. Now, to get to a new forum, I have to scroll to the bottom and pick the forum I want to go to. Can't say I like this feature since it means that I can't the see the newest reply to a forum and sometimes, a topic will catch my eye in forums I don't usually go to.

Other than that complaint, I do want to tell you how much I appreciate all of the hard work that is entailed in running this forum. Thank you!

R

runawaybunny

Star, You could make your profile purpley. They're customizable now.

Janet, There's a mobile skin that been in beta since March in the vbulletin hacker community. I'll be happy to install it here but it may still have a couple of glitches in it since they haven't yet labeled it as stable.

Meowbunny, The overall forum set up hasn't changed so I'm not sure what page you're looking at. To get to the main forum index page click the logo at the top of any page. This is the url: http://www.conductdisorders.com/forum/

DammitJanet

Cool cheryl...I have no idea how many people actually check this site from their mobile units...lol...but since the Iphone and such things are getting more popular maybe more are. My son has such an animal and I use it from time to time and trying to see the board is like reading a book 2 inches at a time!

meowbunny

I forget exactly what it used to say on the top but you could click on "Home" "Forum" etc. Now, it is "User CP," "FAQ", "Members List," etc. I frequently would read a post or reply and then just click on "forum" to get to the list -- much more convenient to me.

R

runawaybunny

Let me point out a couple of links that you will find more convenient than the ones at the bottom of the page.

Clicking on the Conduct Disorders logo in the upper left corner of every page will takes you to the main forum index page.

If you look at the links in the navigation breadcrumbs, also in the upper left hand corner of the forum right underneath the logo the first link also takes you to the forum index page.

DammitJanet

Cheryl...are "friends" and contacts the same thing? I am trying to figure out all the new playthings and the reciprocal friends sound cool but I cant figure it out...lol. I can add contacts but it doesnt show up in my profile like it shows on the info up above...and I would love love love to post the albums...lmao.

R

runawaybunny

Friends and contacts are 2 different functions. I don't know why they set it up that way, but they did.

I understand your interest in the photo albums. There has been a long standing policy on this site of making sure that the identity of our member's and their families is kept private. That is the reason that the albums haven't been enabled here.

You might be interested in the social group function. Any members with a specific interest, perhaps someone interested in reading or cooking or a parent with a child with Autism etc. could start a group. Then they can invite others to join the group and they can all post information about their common interest on the group page. It's a good way for members to create a place to share information about a specific topic.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Clicking on the Conduct Disorders logo in the upper left corner of every page will takes you to the main forum index page.

That's great to know. I was also missing the "forums" tab at the top of the page that Meowbunny was referring to- glad to know it's still there, just called something different. :bravo:

Suz

klmno

I must be missing something- what does a contact or "friend" status change or do" What is different than just PM'ing someone?