Found a forum for parents of remorseless children

Marguerite

I was having a look, because a good friend of mine has a daughter who I think has Narcissistic Personality Disorder; but I got caught up in the page with women who are stuck in a relationship with someone like this. Ugh.

Then I found the one for children with it, and it really does sound like my friend's daughter. Tragic - what can you do? At least if it's a relationship, you can save yourself by walking away. How do you do that when it's your child?

Marg

B

bran155

Thank you for that. That is exactly what I deal with. I will check it out. My daughter is a Borderline and extremely narcissistic. She is by far the most selfish, self involved person I have ever known!!! She has absolutely no remorse whatsoever. Everything is about her and she is at fault for nothing. It is very hard to handle. I love her so much and it hurts so bad!!!!

BusynMember

Well, as much as we like to believe there is no such thing as a bad seed, there are genetic markers that predispose some people to having less empathy than others. I always give kids the benefit of the doubt and hope parents look beyond this before deciding that their child is a psychopath or antisocial. But this forum also helps people deal with adults who are this way. And I know some of us have been with or ARE with some pretty difficult spouses and SOs. Hope this helps some people. I do not mean to indicate that I believe there are a lot of kids who are sick to this degree. I believe that there is ALWAYS hope with the young.