Found a neuro psychologist for E

Jamieh

They can get him in May 2nd. And possibly sooner if someone cancels. I found a counseling center that has psychiatrists, psychologists and other professionals and they said they would do extensive evaluations on him. I had called E's pediatrician because I needed something in writing saying that he has been diagnosed with- ADHD and sensory processing disorder (SPD). Both of those are in his chart. but they only wrote ADHD on a prescription pad paper. It just seemed...weird to me. Like why not type it up or send in some kind of form...I dunno. I'm new to this. But I talked to the ppl at this counseling place and told them how E's pediatrician diagnosed him which was a checklist that I filled out along with- his teacher and his dad. And that was it. I am really excited. I still have him on the waiting list for the doctor in July but I am so TIRED of waiting. They said they could evaluate for Asperger's as well.

BusynMember

Hi. This is very good. Do you know how long the evaluation will be? A good evaluation is usually about six hours.

When Sonic had his neuropsychologist, the neuropsychologist didn't want to see anything from other doctors or schools, although he did have the teachers fill out some forms. He wanted to make his own judgment without any bias. He did ten hours of testing and I think he was the only one who hit the nail on the head. Sonic did much better after his diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). It was a turning point for him because the school couldn't even try to deny services anymore (I got so tired of fighting with the school).

Good luck! :)

buddy

Yay! Congrats. I hope they are great for you!

Heck, you have a list just by your posts....the sensory stuff, the stimmimg type hand in front of face movements, hyperfocus on a color, and all the rest...you are way ahead of the game....

That's not too long of a wait. Great news.

InsaneCdn

start a parent report... it's a good way of pulling together what you already know. You'll end up using for a lot more than just this round of evaluations...

Jamieh

The evaluation will be between 4 and 6 hrs. But broken up into 1 hour sessions. the kicker is that they do not accept our health insurance. But I am willing to pay out of pocket if it means getting answers. I am really hoping to get some more concrete answers.

Jamieh

Can someone give me a link to the parent report? I downloaded it to my old laptop but it has since died.

InsaneCdn

go find a recent post by susiestar... she keeps it in her signature (or go look up her profile...)

It's the only way I can ever find it.