Found a summer camp in CA...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
for kids with and without developmental disabilities. Here is the list of diagnoses on the camper application:
 None
 Autism
 Asperger Syndrome
 Cerebral Palsy
 Down Syndrome
 Mental Retardation
 Pica
 Prader Willi Syndrome
 ADD/ADHD
 Bipolar Disorder
 Chronic Illness:________
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]_____________________ [/FONT][/FONT]
 Mental Health:_________
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]_____________________ [/FONT][/FONT]
 Other:________________

I'm thinking that maybe this might be a place to consider for difficult child 2! He has had such a bumpy time at day camp the last two years, and although staff is somewhat understanding, it's just not the same being at a camp for "neurotypical" kids versus one where everyone is probably dealing with issues of one type or another and staff is prepared for that.

I think I'll give them a call and talk to someone further about whether this is a good fit for us or not. The cost isn't too bad... $300 for 6 days/5 nights. And it's within a 90 minute drive or less from our house. PLUS one of their sessions coincides with another camp difficult child 1 attends farther north ( = TWO difficult child's away at camp for a WEEK!!!)

This could be good... this could be very good!

Last edited:

klmno

Wow! That is great- the price is good and they are really taking kids with issues. I wish there was something around here like that. They have a variety of diagnosis's and disorders, but shoot, that could be a good thing for difficult child to get familiar with.