Found a summer camp in CA...

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by gcvmom, Feb 15, 2009.

1. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

for kids with and without developmental disabilities. Here is the list of diagnoses on the camper application:
     None
     Autism
     Asperger Syndrome
     Cerebral Palsy
     Down Syndrome
     Mental Retardation
     Pica
     Prader Willi Syndrome
     ADD/ADHD
     Bipolar Disorder
     Chronic Illness:________
    [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]_____________________ [/FONT][/FONT]
     Mental Health:_________
    [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]_____________________ [/FONT][/FONT]
     Other:________________

I'm thinking that maybe this might be a place to consider for difficult child 2! He has had such a bumpy time at day camp the last two years, and although staff is somewhat understanding, it's just not the same being at a camp for "neurotypical" kids versus one where everyone is probably dealing with issues of one type or another and staff is prepared for that.

I think I'll give them a call and talk to someone further about whether this is a good fit for us or not. The cost isn't too bad... $300 for 6 days/5 nights. And it's within a 90 minute drive or less from our house. PLUS one of their sessions coincides with another camp difficult child 1 attends farther north ( = TWO difficult child's away at camp for a WEEK!!!)

This could be good... this could be very good!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  2. klmno

klmno Active Member

Wow! That is great- the price is good and they are really taking kids with issues. I wish there was something around here like that. They have a variety of diagnosis's and disorders, but shoot, that could be a good thing for difficult child to get familiar with.