Four Is Here - Tell Me More!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:yourock:Ok, we are at the four week mark. I want to hear your stories ladies. How did this last week go? I was getting hungry this morning reading about the salmon!!! Sounds like we are definately trying new things and making healthy choices - at least when we plan and think about it!!!!!!

So, I went to WW last night and stepped on the scale. I told the lady "I'm shooting for 2.2 (that would be my 10 pound mark), don't tell me if I don't get 2.2!" She said, "Well, how about 4.2?" :woohoo:So my total for the first three weeks of WW is 12 pounds on the nose!!! I knew I had a good week but I didn't expect that! This was the incentive I needed to take it to the next level and add some "movement" in. That's going to be my toughest challenge :treadmill:.

Let me hear your stories - the good, bad, and the ugly!

Sharon

Sharon,

:happyguy:I am so PROUD of you!!! Way To Go!!! You are a wonderful example of what healthy living is all about!!! I think you should celebrate your unbelievably excellent progress by doing something special just for you - Get your nails done, highlight your hair, buy one new piece of clothing that makes you feel fantastic, etc., YOU DESERVE IT!!! 12lbs. is absolutely amazing!!!
And, don't worry - the exercise won't be as bad or as hard as you think:treadmill: It'll make you feel even healthier and stronger!!! I think you've already conquered the hardest part - HEALTHY EATING!!!:you_go_girl:

As for me, I've been eating really healthy. I've also been planning a night time snack each evening - Thanks ladies!!! (Ok - I confess I made a few unnecessary trips back into the kitchen but avoided any real damage.) I've increased the intensity and duration of my work-outs a bit - Totoro thanks for the tips!!!. However, I haven't lost any weight this week. The good news is that I haven't gained any either.

I think it may be hard for me to lose weight now because I was only 5 lbs. over what I wanted to weigh when I started. I know it's going to be really hard to get the last three off!!! I think I've been a bit hungrier than usual - I wonder if this is because I've increased the difficulty of my workouts. However, I do feel a bit stronger and I'm happy about that.

This week I'm not making any goals for myself. I'm just going to concentrate on healthy eating and excercise. WFEN

trinityroyal

LDM, Wow! What an impressive accomplishment. You must be so proud of yourself, and what a great motivator.

WFEN, it sounds like you're doing well with planning your night time snacks, and increasing workouts.

This week, I've been slowly getting back into Pilates, and moving through the exercises. My goal was to work up to doing the whole intermediate workout, and I'm almost there. I'm struggling with technique on a few of the movements that require strength and balance at the same time, which is motivation to work harder. I miss my old dance instructor. He would stand there, beating time on the floor with a big black walking stick, and saying "Come on Trinity, you can DO this!" I think I'm going to add that to my daily affirmations.

My fitness goal for the next couple of weeks is to add one new movement per day, until I can do the entire pilates workout.

My body is starting to feel much better, aches and pains notwithstanding, so I think I need to turn my focus to mind and spirit for a while. My therapist suggested that husband is way too dependent on me, and I need to teach him to stand on his own, so I'm going to start working on that.

Great work everybody. Yay for us!

LittleDudesMom

Thanks Ladies!

The exercise issue is a biggie for me. The one thing I absolutely love to do is swim - but it really does a number on the hair and it's tough to feel like hopping in the pool at the gym when it's cold outside!

I actually found some cool stuff on my on demand section of comcast. They have an exercise channel and they have a 19 minute walk program. I think I'm going to try that. I figure 19 minutes is better than no minutes!

Saturday I will be doing for me. difficult child is going tubing (snow tubing not water tubing!!!) with his church mentor group (and I convinced bonehead to be the parent partner) and easy child is driving down with her friend to spend the day at her boyfriends. My house will be clean since my cleaning crew comes Friday so my cousin and I are taking in a movie. I'm going to treat myself to some buttered popcorn and use my extra flex points for the week!!

Trinity, I would love to get to the point where I could do pilates or yoga. Keep me going!

WFEN, I hope the exercise won't be harder than I think. It's getting motivated to move and begin! I think you are right about those 5 pounds being hard to move. But if you are making healthy choices, to heck with the scale!

Let's here some more 4-week updates ladies. Star, oh Star - we haven't heard from you in a while. Come on in and share.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon-Way To Go on the 4.2/12 pounds!!! :you_go_girl: I'm glad you are doing for you on Saturday! The exercise thing can be scary at first-in the long run I can't do with-out it. Even now when I don't feel like it I tell myself I'll be glad when I'm done-and I always am.:D

WFEN-Good for you on the healthy eating:whistle:Keep up the great work!:dance:

Trinity-Good for you on the Pilates!!:jumphappy:

As for me, I'm doing well with the exercising.:exercisebike:The eating is harder for me right now. I need to get myself back on track. I'm not doing the worst but I should be doing so much more! I can tell I've put a few more pounds-I've got to get them off by Saturday-my weigh in day. I guess I could always try gluing my mouth shut. Seriously, I know what to do and now I've just got to do it (right now easier said than done).

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sharon - :yourock:

WFEN - :you_go_girl:

Trinity - :woohoo:

Wiped Out - :morecrackers:triscuits are not a food group! Good luck with the exercise - lol :tongue::treadmill:

And me? I am still doing oatmeal and coffee for breakfast
WW for lunch
A regular dinner

2 snacks (fruit)

And I've not gained - but I don't look like I've been at this a month!

Brag of the week: when we went to get difficult child out of jail - I packed my water and an apple, had salad with chicken for dinner- and didn't cheat even though I was stressy -

GOOD GOING EVERYONE!

LittleDudesMom

:cutie_pie:
And me? I am still doing oatmeal and coffee for breakfast
WW for lunch
A regular dinner

2 snacks (fruit)

And I've not gained - but I don't look like I've been at this a month!

Brag of the week: when we went to get difficult child out of jail - I packed my water and an apple, had salad with chicken for dinner- and didn't cheat even though I was stressy -

GOOD GOING EVERYONE!
:hawaii_girl:

Those two lovelies are us as we reach our goals! Look back over what you wrote and see how great you are doing! You go Star! You made it through a rough test, difficult child/stress, and came out with flying colors!

Sharon

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
After having been sick most of the last week I think I am just excited I can eat again. Been eating very little so I am in kind of a start over phase.

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sharon -

You know I KNEW when we sat down in the IHOP that I 'COULD" have my favorite - choc. chip pancakes - and while I took the look - I chose the best thing for me.

NOTHING tastes as good as skinny will be - :mad:

PersonalEnigma

I'm afraid that I have decided to put things on hold here. I need to concentrate on just getting through the days rather than fretting about how healthy I am eating/living. I will come back to this when things settle, but for now...

trinityroyal

PE, that's also a very healthy choice.
When life is that stressful, choosing to manage your stress by not taking on another project...that's sound thinking.

Sending {{{hugs}}} and strength your way,
Trinity

Sue C

The Good: still not eating cereal at night. still down 1.5 lbs from our first week.

The Bad: ate hot fudge sundae one night. have not been walking. have not been drinking much water at all. what is wrong with me???

The Ugly: ME! (just kidding.....but I was looking at my honeymoon pictures and I was so young and thin and actually kinda pretty....I look so different now)

sue

wakeupcall

Sue, do NOT look at wedding pictures!!! When you've been married as long as you and I have been (38 for me), if nothing else, DHs can do it to us!!! :).....I mean stress us!!

Sue C

Pamela -- I suppose you are right about not looking at the pictures, but I happened to come across them and I showed them to Melissa and she said I looked beautiful. Wowzers! That felt good. :)

sue

wakeupcall

OHHHHH, how sweet! I love it when we get those kinds of compliments! In reality, I'd not go back.....for any of it! ONWARD!!!!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Still tracking all that I'm eating - see my GP tomorrow & am asking to meet with a dietician (sp?) for suggestions on maintaining weight while on this prednisone.