Fran- Galveston?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, Penta...thanks for the reminder. I'll try to call Fran in a bit. Only morning people are up at this hour like me.

Abbey

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi Penta, I was thinking of you yesterday.
Our sweet little island seems decimated. Sigh.
I finally saw some footage last night of the West End and saw the rental house which is ocean front. The deck and garage appear gone but it's still on it's stilts with it's hurricane shutters in place. Of course, there is probably a lot more damage but it's standing.
We are unsure of our little house. No fly byes yet. We are hopeful which is more than we were all weekend. The lack of visual confirmation for 2 days really had us expecting the worst. Seems there were a lot of rescue's and recoveries in that area. So sad.

The idea of going down and shoveling debris is not enticing. Penta, you probably know all about that.
Thank you for thinking of me. I'm sure it brought back many memories for you. Hug.
Thanks Abbey. We are safe and off the island so I won't complain. No one is allowed on so all I can do is wait.

everywoman

Penta and Abbey beat me to the punch. I hope that everything is better than antcipated. Recovering from a storm is always much harder than the storm itself.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Fran I'm keeping fingers crossed the damage isn't much. Glad you weren't there though and are safe.

((hugs))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Fran =- try GOOGLE EARTH - it has an uptodate sattelite of your home.

It's SLOW as molasses unless you upgrade, but worth a try.

My Mom had trees removed in her back yard last week - and I googled her address on Google earth and from 143' above her yard I see stumps. :sad-very:

Glad you and the kids are safe......sorry about your home

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thanks Daisy and Star and Everywoman.
Maybe I can have everyone down for a shoveling party. Can't imagine how difficult it will be getting equipment on an island. Shovel's wheelbarrow's and trucks is about it.
I'll try google earth. husband has it but I will see if I can download it.

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
Fran - I was thinking of you and your beach house this weekend. I hope it's not too badly damaged, although the pictures I have seen of Galveston don't bode well. You and husband haven't had good luck with hurricanes! I hope you didn't jinx us by moving here:tongue:

Genny

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi Genny, luck isn't one of the things we seem to have a lot of. If something is going to happen it usually happens to us.
I would check your homeowners insurance since the Fran family has moved into NC. :windy: