Fran - I saw this on MSN

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26780578

I hope your beach hasn't disappeared from your house :(

What a mess - if you don't rebuild on the same site, there are clauses in most every policy that says you only get Actual Cash Value instead of Replacement Cost..

And a tip for those of you who have to buy wind coverage thru the state pool for your homes/businesses - make sure your policies expire on a date that is NOT during Hurricane Season - am hearing of reports that the Wind Pool is out of capacity and you can't buy anymore..Have been getting a lot of calls to see if Wind coverage is available and of course, right now isn't a good time to ask...

Marcie

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thanks Marcie, our beach didn't disappear but the dunes are gone(as well as the ground floor and deck on one) I don't think we will have a problem rebuilding one but the other is may become an issue.

The issue is that private property begins where there is vegetation. All the vegetation is now covered in sand. So there is a question of the state saying it's public land.

One house was badly damaged and the second was moderately damaged. Ugh! it's going to be a long year. Neither have dunes or vegetation any longer. One had 25 ft of vegetation as well as a large dune. :crazy2:
You start out thinking the storm and the debris are the problem but then you find you may lose your property.

Star*

call 911........call 911
The most touching picture I saw for all of this horrendous mess was a German woman standing in her neighbors yard, bent over hugging her boxer dog, while her house was in the background burning in flames.

I thought to myself - Now there's a gal that has a fantastic set of values.

I hope you are able to withstand all the garbage that is coming your way over this Fran. I'm eternally grateful that you and the kids were not there.

Thinking this morning of you, Cowboy and Honeysue -