JJJ

If the Illinois legislature doesn't get their collective butts in gear THIS WEEK, my children will lose:

*their psychiatrists
*their therapists
*their prescription drug coverage
*the autism family resource center
*half of their adoption subsidy

Kanga's Residential Treatment Center (RTC) should be fine as that is part of a federal consent decree but I'm still concerned as other have lost their grant for bogus reasons (I knew there had to be a good side to hallucinating almost 100% of the time UGH).

Assuming I can find a doctor willing to write the rx scripts, I think I can get most of their medications for about $500/month with a few changes.

Anyone know where I can get $500/month? Especially when our income has dropped 33% over the last year??????????

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry. I can only imagine the stress you are under.

Contact the Partnership for Prescription Assistance to see if they can help. This is the group Montel works with. Most of the pharmaceutical co's work with this program or have their own version of it.

If you can't get help that way, then google each medicine, find the company that makes it and then contact them through their website. Or if you need info and can't find it anywhere go to Hoovers Business info (use google on Hoovers Business). Hoovers will give you the main phone number/address to the company and the names of the top execs. You can pay for more info, but the free info should have enough so you can contact them.

I wish I could help more.

crazymama30

I hope the legislators make a good decision. That would be horrible. When will you know what is going on? I hate that feeling of being in limbo.

JJJ

The legislature reconvenes tomorrow. Huge rallies are planned. I'm writing them all AGAIN today.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Fingers crossed for you. I know my insurance is our biggest hurdle...we just can't afford for me to ever switch jobs because of the darned insurance.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
JJJ,

Please check the adoption agreement ~ the subsidy should (?) be set in stone. It's backed up by federal funding (a Clinton thing, I believe to see more foster children placed in permanent homes).

If the counties/states hadn't rec'd/accepted the federal funding there would be little to no adoption subsidies that are sorely needed when adopting out of foster care.

Yell ~ I'll be yelling with you. Get your federal representatives involved as well. Sometimes they can pull strings.

DammitJanet

On the medications....

Check this out, there is no real income limits that you have to provide, you just have to send in a script and I have used this place before and know the medications are legitimate. I believe some of your scripts are on it in generic form. Also dont forget to check the various pharmacies for their prices because its not just walmart anymore. I think Walgreens and RiteAid are also on the bandwagon...and even Kmart.

http://www.rxoutreach.com/

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I will be rallying in spirit with you. This just hoovers.
We just had programs cut out here.
Much needed therapy for kids, no more.
OK, then who gets the blame when the kids are out of control?
I just don't get it. medications? How can any one let someone, especially a kid go without medications?
I am wishing you so much luck on this issue.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
My Youngest now gets her Topamax FREE through the manufacturer. She filled out the form (which was on their website), had her doctor fill out their portion, mailed it, and was accepted within 2 weeks. So definitely contact the manufacturers of the medications.

She applied for a copule of the discounted cards mentioned here. She got about a 50% discount, however, for the more expensive drugs such as Topamax, that can still be several hundred dollars.

KTMom91

I'm so sorry. We went about 6 months with no coverage, and it was not fun. If you're an AAA member (yes, the towing service), they offer prescription discounts at certain pharmacies. It was still a struggle, but that was the only way we could keep Miss KT on her medications.

JJJ

I'm trying to refill as many scripts as I can by the 30th. But since they will not refill sooner than 3 days before I run out...ugh. I'm hoping the docs will help by writing the scripts so I can take advantage of bulk discounts. I have an appointment Wed for Piglet and Thurs for Eeyore. Kanga's was today and I have a call into Tiggers.

Wasn't this summer suppose to be relaxing????????????

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
I'm so sorry to hear that and hope the best for you. We have been (and still are) in quite a bind with paying for medications. I just don't understand what is happening with politicians any more. I never thought we would see things get this bad. All the luck in the world to you!!!

Dara

DammitJanet

Clonidine , depakote, zoloft, prozac, are available at the rxoutreach.

Ok...for Seroquel go to pparx.org and put in your medications and kids ages and all that. I did one kid and all the medications and did as if they lived with me. I came up with being able to get everything but vyvanse and plain ritalin. Probably because ritalin is now generic and vyvanse hasnt hit the programs yet. You can probably call the manufacter itself.

Also...call social services and ask about whatever the "not medicaid" but up a step childrens health insurance is in your state. Here it is NC Healthchoice or something like that. You may have to pay like 50 bucks a year or so but if you loose insurance you can go right in. Ohhhh...is this what you are losing? Never mind.

go to pparx.org...get the paperwork printed out. Then get to docs and get it faxed in. I have managed to find all but one drug...best I can do.