Free for all vent

donna723

"I hate this election campaign. Both political parties have been so careful to not offend, they're not dealing with the issues. But we have a PM whose capability is not showing (due to the caution) and another candidate whose incompetence is not showing (because of the caution). So everything is as boring as batsh** and nothing looks like happening."

Marg, we've had just the opposite here, and that's equally as bad! Most of the Senate races here started out OK but quickly deteriorated into name calling and nasty accusations. Pretty soon they weren't discussing issues at all, just flinging mud left and right, ducking and dodging and running campaign ads making fun of each other! And when I answer my phone and get recorded campaign ads from these same people, it's going way too far. How are you supposed to make an intelligent decision between two candidates when this is all you have to go on? It puts me back to when the kids were little and I had to try to referee their silly, never-ending "He said ... she said" arguments! I solved that problem by just skipping over that part of the ballot and voting for "NOBODY"! And those smug, grinning, candidates who seriously assure us that, if elected, they will single-handedly restore the economy, reduce unemployment, stop illegal immigration, fix social security, find a cure for everything that ails us, and bring about world peace in their spare time (but don't bother to tell us how they plan to do that) ... just so much hot air! And to think that when I was a kid, I couldn't wait to be old enough to vote! Sheeesh!

Fran

Former desparate mom
If you turn it on, turn it off.
If you open it, close it.
If you wore it, put it in the hamper.
If you ate off of it, put it in the dishwasher.
If the trash is full, take it out(and replace the bag).
If one more "professional" tells me what i can do to make difficult child's life easier I may have to be arrested for shaking someone until their teeth rattle.
What part of thank you isn't in your language skills.
Why when I finally sit down at the end of the day, everyone feels they can talk over my favorite show, or interrupt me from my book. Between the phone, and people in my own home, I wonder if they really think it's my job to be available for every thought they have.
Why does no one notice that a 55 yr old woman is doing heavy lifting and should step in to help without being told or asked?

Why do my dogs think that they don't have to come when called but follow me everywhere including the bathroom?

I'm glad to get that off my chest. Thanks.

Mom2oddson

If I hear just more time about how easy child gets EVERYTHING handed to him and difficult children get poop....I'm going to go postal!!! Do you hear me??? easy child had parents and grandparents that gave a koi about his future. That's why if he had a missing paper from school, he was grounded for the weekend!! If he didn't do what he was told, he was grounded. If he had ever back-talked, he'd of lost teeth. On the few occassions that he DID complain to his grandparents, they told him that he was LUCKY that he had parents who loved him and cared about him... buck-up and do as you are told and life will be easier.....

Now, witchy-poo, If YOU had cared one tiny bit about your grandkids (difficult children) YOU'D of helped them become decent adults!!! But, Nooooooo, you enjoyed your power-play, manipulation, meddling.....blah, blah, blah. So, if you are upset that easy child is heading off for his 3rd year of college while the difficult children can't/won't finish high school.....NOT MY PROBLEM!!!!

OH, and by the way, for all those times that you have tried to break up husband and I, including this last one of how you'd make the child support go away if he divorced me.......all you've done is brought us closer and closer.......

So....witchy-poo.... YOU LOSE!!!!!! Hahahahahaaa.... I've got husband and you don't so there!!!!

(thanks so much for this thread. We should do this more often)

trinityroyal

Could'ya just get ON WITH IT?! My projects. BOTH of them, which happen to be the two biggest projects ever launched by this organization IN ITS HISTORY, are depending on your project. And if you don't get your act together, the whole mess is not going to get built. And that's going to make OUR BOSS look like an idiot, and guess who's butt will be in a sling then. I can assure you, it won't be MINE. I've been meeting MY deadlines (well the ones I CAN meet, that don't depend on YOUR stupid project anyway) Just GET. IT. DONE. NOW!!!

Marguerite

! Most of the Senate races here started out OK but quickly deteriorated into name calling and nasty accusations. Pretty soon they weren't discussing issues at all, just flinging mud left and right, ducking and dodging and running campaign ads making fun of each other!

Donna, it's called "playing the man, not the ball" or in this case, woman. Our fairly new female Prime Minister (PM) got the gig after her very popular predecessor suddenly lost popularity. I think a big factor within the party was also his previous election campaign. His name is Kevin Rudd and in the 2007 election he ran with the slogan "Kevin 07". But Aussie rhyming slang meant that the Opposition had already developed their election campaign with a clever caricature of Kevin as a lemon and the obvious unstated rhyming slogan "Kevin's a lemon" was making it look like the election would be a near thing. So now they still show Kevin as a lemon, but now his whole political party are drawn as lemons, while his lemon is cut in half in a puddle of lemon juice and our PM lemon is the one wielding the knife! Talk about playing the (wo)man, not the ball...

They are all as bad as each other.

However, things have livened up. Our PM (who really is very capable - she would have to be, she's a woman who has risen to the top) has declared that she's no longer going to be playing it safe and following the conservative advice of her election experts. That means it could be a disaster, or it could pay off. But at least it will no longer be boring.

Here in Australia, the vote is compulsory. But there are some devious ways in which you can use your vote to protest. The most effective way is to assign your primary vote to a minor party. Then you assign your preferences to where you really expect your vote to go. But the bigger primary vote to the small minority (Greens, the Marijuana Party, the Shooters Party, Family First Party, Australian Sex Party who actually have some very good policies, the Climate Sceptics and others - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_Australia) does show up in the counting and sends a message to the person who gets in to each electorate - "watch your step. We are not happy. We are your employers. Behave."

At the moment both parties are making expensive promises (the media are keeping a public tally of how many billions on each side) ad also promising to pay back the national deficit within three years.

And I'm getting REAL cranky with idiots (including politicians whipping up ignorance as support) saying that our government "squandered" billions of dollars and it was "wasted" when the first response to the GFC by the Aussie government was to loose the pursestrings and literally throw money at the people most likely to spend it. While other countries clamped down on spending (according to classic economic theory which rapidly [roved to be a wrong move)our mob flooded the market with financial lubrication, to get the creaking wheels of the economy moving smoothly again.

And although the Opposition are screaming loudest about waste - they would have got the same advice if THEY had been the ones in government, and I'm sure would have done the same things. And if they're saying they wouldn't have done it - then they deserve to lose. Again.

It just shows, that even when a country is doing well, a good government should never be complacent. You ALWAYS have to keep people informed and on side, or you risk finding yourself out in the cold.

Ten days to go to voting day. I'll be so glad when it's over, but the political ads are either depressing or infuriating. For any party.

Marg

muttmeister

OK, I managed to get away for a week..actually had a good time. The only thing I really wanted done while I was gone was to have my outdoor plants in pots watered. I even put all of the pots together so you wouldn't have to walk all over the yard to water them. So why the %^&* did I come home to $100 worth of dead plants? Are you lazy or stupid or do you just not care? Probably all of the above.

tiredmommy

Why the HE!!! would you send me a note on FB the day before I put my cat down to tell me you know I'm having a having a hard time but would I be interested in taking in so-&-so's cat because she's moving cross-country in three days. Do you have any idea how incredibly callous that is? Or are you just stupid?!?!? I saw her post too and I would have responded to her if I were interested... I don't need your busybody bull right now. Grrr. :mad:

M

Mamaof5

We have this argument every two weeks you bobo...I keep telling you to put your **** away where the kids can't get it. You need to suck it up and put up or shut up dude. PUT YOUR PAYCHECK IN THE VAN where the kids can't get it...better yet, stop bloody well leaving it in the damned tow truck you dumarse...it's called getting ripped off... DAYUM if your head wasn't attached to your neck you'd loose that too wouldn't you. Oh, AND don't you damned well dare put the blame on me or the kids for your stupidity. Really? My fault? On top of that - dude what's the definition of "lost" - oh wait your paycheck is...you're damned lucky you found it in the visor of the truck - that's a grand that we need. One last thing...next time look at the date on the check so you don't bounce your shiote in our joint account FFS.

MEN *GRAWR*

SIDE NOTE: No I didn't mean to catch the puppy's leg in the door when I closed it but thank goodness he's okay...didn't know a puppy could scream "OW" like that...I already feel enough like a heel as it is, thanks for making it worse by telling me to stop taking a hissy fit and it's my fault for hurting him (yeah I already knew that you insensitive jerk).

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hi girls -

I was going to add my own gripe to the vine of sour grapes - but honestly? It's so surreal (okay stop laughing) and MStang? NO it was NOT an asteroid...(looks up) I'm just opting for something more (goes and gets thesaurus) ---(goes and gets bloody glasses)....(spent 30 minutes trying to find glasses) UPLIFTING, INSPIRATIONAL.....hahah. So here goes....back atcha babes.

Mstang - Oh...a BAZILLION, MILLION, Billion (that's one million to the 9th power) years DID go by and yoooooouuuuuuu missed it honey. Yup. (snaps fingers) That boy told the truth and somehow in the votex of space and a time continuum - you were somewhere else - deep space 9 - (probably enthralled watching Demon Dog lick the fibers of your couch).

WHY does the dog do that? Okay....The obvious explanation for that is easy and I'll explain it for all those of you who don't understand it or think that it could be you (um no)...First off - it COULD be diet. Read the first four ingredients of your dogs food. "IF" one of those ingredients is CORN? Well....Let me stop everyone there and ask you how many Wolves, Wild African dogs, Dingoes or strays have you ever seen wander into Farmer Brown's field, sashay (yes sashay) up to a corn stalk or shalk and peel back the layers of leaves on an ear of corn and say "Mmmm mmmm can't wait to eat that?" Yeah - not happening. Canids, Lupines etc eat meat. So if CORN is one of the first four ingredients or corn meal, or corn by products? Try switching to a food that is lamb and rice - and not that you see dogs running into rice patties either, but it's easier to digest as a filler.
SECONDLY - While it 'could' be a neurological or endocrinological disorder and you COULD spend beaucoup monies at your veterinarian possibly placing braces or a first semester of college for the vet's child in his pocket? You could ask yourself this simple question....and be HONEST---TOTALLY honest....

"DO I (not does the dog by him/herself) but DO I play with my dog 'hard' for at least 30-60 minutes each day?" Walking at a nominal clip is NOT exactly 'fun' for a dog that would dearly love to chase something or fetch or play with you. So the licking could be BOREDOM.

Thirdly - If he is licking another dog? This is the problem we had with our oldest and it's the hardest to break because as the 'self' proclaimed alpha male - he felt it was his pack leader mentality to "own" the other dogs. He did this by licking them. It's dominance driven. If we don't stay on top of him with FIRM ONE WORD commands like "NO" and "STOP" then re-direct with a treat or toy? He will continue to lick, or what we call 'sneak lick." (very annoying). Some licking is normal. Butt licking, butt licking of each other...a few licks upon greeting, in passing.....these things may not mean much to us but tell an entire story to each other. Just be aware of them.

As far as the Demon dog? Well-------I can only say YOU DID.....deny him his bride (i sent you pictures)...three months salary doesn't sound so bad after all does it? Mwah hahaha.

For Flutter and Chloe? Two things come to mind. One is endocrine problems. A vet check up would be in order and if all is okay with kidney stones, and Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) infections? Then I would say it's behavioral and a dominance situation. Peeing on you is a way of showing the household 'I OWN her." To break her of this? You're going to have to get a huge cage, and put her in it, with her litter box and retrain her to use the litter box and not you (my best guess) or call a cat breeder/behaviorist. The other thing would be to NOT allow her to EVER get in your lap. Or if she does attempt to get in your lap? I would pick her up and take her directly to her litter box each time for quite a long time. Not sure how you want to re-train her.

Okay --as for the REST of you ---------oh deary me.

Going North - Microfiber couch? I bet it's georgeous. Visions of you strangling a cat??? (blink, blink) okay got that out of my head. lol. But who among us has not bent over to do the 'what is that spot' sniff test? My cat swatted pine cones out of every house plant I owned to dig up the dirt and poop in each and every Spathaphyllium I own killing each and every one. Visions of strangling a cat? Ahhhh....huh. Kitty is forever banished from the house. And my plants are now covered with indestructible, irremovable cat covers - BRICKS.

KT Mom? A stack of creeping stuff in the kitchen? Hmm. How about if you just opened the back door and used the $50 or less, 1 year or less rule? Haven't touched it in a year or less isn't of value of $50 or more? Out it goes. And to think you have horse-shoes in the kitchen? Honestly woman! How freakin' lucky ARE you? I mean I just asked for a donkey for like the billionth time - and no. But you have Clydesdales and shoes? I think therefore I'd just get ye torch and pitchfork and open that back door and maybe get one of those Waste Management collapsable containers they've been advertising to death on TV and out.it.goes - Know what I mean?? As far as the counter top? WHO BROKE IT? WHO REPLACES IT? (yeah yeah I know) just being so dramatic there. As far as WHY DO YOU CARE? I think that would go in that collapsable container too. I mean if you get rid of everything? WHAT would be left to clean up? Huh? HUH???? (schmart huh?) Always thinking!

Shari - Honey The only reason YOUR foot should be swollen is from kicking ***....and as far as you very well penned letter to that editor (jerk, face, tooty-fruity, big booty, no brains) I think it would be suffice to say that when you meet him face to face? You could bruise your OTHER foot - or bust it off as the case may be. Whatever you deem fit - depending on how far you want to shove your boot.....Know what I mean??

UP ALL NIGHT? Jus' how close ARE you to SC? I mean here I sit all Summer with no where to go, no one to go with.....and would LOVE to go to the beach.....COME.....GET....ME. COME.....GET.....ME. I mowed it in my field with my sexy orange tractor so you could see it from the air ------it says COME. GET. ME. PLEAS....there's no E-----I ran out of gas.

Flutter - As far as your son and his fianancee -(yes I spelled that correctly) I think you should see my response to Shari and bandage up BOTH feet - one for each of them - (son and financee).

Tawnya - See the top of this post for info on your sheet-licking-dog. OMG After I think about it now? I'm surprised I am not licking my sheets. I mean no one takes ME out for 30 minutes a day and plays with me. I'm like a teddy that has about 1/2 an inch of dust on it's head, sitting on the shelf....for the last year. Sheet...I am going right now to the store and get myself a toy...frisbee (oh you have such a mind). NO wait ---a boomerang. (back now) Got the boomerang. I threw it a few times...it will take patience and a big field to get the hang of it - but at least I have something to keep me from being bored and prevent me from licking the sheets. As far as living with slobs? Get them a stick....not a boomerang. Ask them if you throw it will they just stay gone.

Marg......MARGURITE FOR PRESIDENT. That's a just and fine statement in Aussie-speak. Oh and as far as Guano? ROFLM batman suit right off.....Margs man? You can be VP. of everything. Even get to run the campaign train -----woooooo woooo. (see being vp has it's perks)

Wiped out --Darlin'....this is for you. Citronella and http://www.off.com/ I do have a net for sale on Craigslist. It's very alluring...like a princess net. You just.......can't have a ceiling fan above your bed....because then it just gets......stupi....t. loooking. Like a wad of taffeta in a ceiling fan and NOT the least bit "alluring" ----but it does make for an interesting conversation....and it probably would keep you from licking the sheets or throwing a boomerang from boredom.

Barneys Mom- Sweetheart - Two words - DEAD-BOLT. you know the kind where you have a key - and you put them OUT and you stay in and lock it? Maybe two MORE words Ear Plugs. mwah ahahaha (evil laugh)

Witz End - Child----Are you and Jenny Jones communicating? I don't know for whom you are speaking about; but regarding myself? Yes I am all that AND a bag of chips. Tortilla chips - spicy---ole!

Marcie - I'll call you. I'll even text you crazy dog pictures and funny pictures of Pootie as a bride, and a princess, and of shoes - I mean I see weird stuff all day long and just shoot random texts - ask anyone. Be glad to make you laugh any time!

EW - Um Girl.....I so can NOT see you being the silent type. I have you more pegged as the TOWANDA girl in the Piggly Wiggly parking lot calling the agent and raising cane - and that ain't sugar cane darlin'! GO GET EM MAMA!

Susiequte - GIRLFREN'.........LIST!!!!! LIST!!!!!!!! LIST!!!!!!! Dollarstore.....get some of that paper that has the title WHILE I AM GONE -------YOU WILL FREAKIN' DO THIS ------Or you know (twirls toe in the grass in a circle) create your own title -----IF YOU GET THIS LIST DONE YOU CAN HAVE A.) XXXX B.) XX or C.) X when I get back. No, seriously X, XX, or XXXX......(BE CREATIVE) wink wink.....I mean XXXX is an X above XXX - get it.....?? XXX -----XXX......okay HOW did you get that 2 year old? OHhhhhhh okay yeah.....GOOD GIRL! heehhe (snicker)

DJ......THEY SAID WHAT????? AND.......OH MY G........I'm thinking the wrong family members got the new prescription!!!!!!!! WORTH YOUR WEIGHT IN GOLD MY LOVE!!!!! And throw in that fence climbing Pitbull and the other one when they weigh ya'll. $(@#_)(@!#_(@)((*(*&()@_!+!_+ ====loosely translated you can not translate that and still have a tongue. it will fall out. and crawl......CRAWL down the dirt road.....eeking a nasty and horribly wicked lashing to anyone it crosses (got to say that last part like a tv evangelist)

Hearts & Roses - Well lovey - It's all your fault for being so danged pretty. Buy my new book - Less attractive in 3 hours or less. Hagging up your looks and avoiding sex alltogether. I mean - add some frumpy clothes, a wart or two, tattered hair, a honeybun here, a twinky there-----a box or twelve of cookie crisp cereal....a jar of green mud, some hair in all the wrong places - and VOILA - instant - you too can read a book undisturbed in the same bed as your man.
Oh......and as far as no one helping ME clean the house ? (evil little chortle) yeah.....well I can tell you whose toothbrush I'd use for those hard to reach rust stains in the commode.

Step - Baby - PAPER PLATES!!!!! and.....Excedrine Migraine 500 in a bottle 3 a day to start.......oh and a Long Island Ice Tea - In Long Island. Or a White Russian - In RUSSIA.....Or a Tequila Sunrise - In TJ. Or go get yourself a boomerang.....

Donna.......Mmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmm (so el talko politico) but you do make sense. (looking around for thunderous monitor clap and the finger that says STAR go to the corner you know political espeaking is verboten. hehehe. Sooooooo Hows our beautiful Big Boy in C-Town? I'm serious - They should take him to modeling school.

Fran - I am so sure that Thank you and Manners have gone right in the toidy....that the other day I was walking into a store, and a young man got there before myself. He opened the door and silly goose me, thought he had opened the door FOR me like a gentleman. Well he had not. He and I both tried to fit through the door at the same time. My mistake. So instead of apologizing (him I mean) he just pushed his way through, so I said "By all means LADIES FIRST." and the older man behind me chuckled and said "May I get the door for you? I'm no lady, you can go first!" The kid turned around and shot me the finger. The man said "Oh look at that a girl that knows how many brain cells she possesses." We both got a good laugh. The kid went on and eventually left the store without buying a thing. I've gotten to the point where I'm tired of not saying anything with rude people and don't feel that it IS rude to say something. Not to the parents of children who have been left to CRY and CRY and CRY in the store, or the newest it seems to be left to say Mommy 100 times while the parent ignores the child. I finally went within 10 feet of the Mother of this child after being in the store for 2 hours and hearing this child cry Mommy for no less that 1000 times while the Mother ignored him, he ran around, cried, pouted, threw things - and no he was not disabled. She never once corrected him - just was oblivious - no she was not disabled either. Finally when I could take it no more and they were behind me in line and he started with Mommy, Mommy, Mommy and she ignored him I said nearly fifteen times in a row MOMMY straight to her face, then I looked at the child and said 'Is this your Mom?" - and the child about age 8 laughed, then got quiet and she looked at me and I said - "I just had to be sure you WERE his Mother. For two hours straight you have ignored him, so I could only assume that you are either a total dumbutt or this isn't your child and he's lost." I'm tired of going places where parents think it's appropriate for children to misbehave for longer than 10 minutes at the cost of everyone elses outing - my kid(s) were the worst of the worst and I NEVER allowed them that privledge or stayed in public - we LEFT.
Oh and as far as your puppies? They didn't come back because they were here at the D.A. Ranch.....chasing boomerangs.

Mom2oddson - Tell yourself "Fair" is a place you go to ride rides, Fare is something you pay to ride the bus. Or better yet - tell that to your kids and let it be your final word......So much less complicated that trying to explain why the dog is licking the sheets...no wait------why the easy child gets EVERYTHING. UGh....yeah. And the difficult child got the disorder.....lucky them. WOW. And you got what???? Maybe you want to come to the beach with me? Oh and as far as witchy poo? I'm thinking seriously that Shari and I are going to start a Brooms are Us send o gram company. So nice to get black dead flowers with a stink scented broom ----in a lovely gift box.

Trinity - Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh you said butt. lol.....and sling......buttsling.....Visions of that will have me laughing all day....."Oh Mr. Boss man how Do you walk with that sling?" "Can I jack up your sling for you Mr. Bossman so everyone can kiss your butt?"

Marg? Sex Party? really??? Wow. I'm sending Hearts and Roses hubby there. lol. Huh! Another problem Solved. Ta Dah. Financial lubrication? Makes the 70's saying "Slip me some skin" take on a whole new meaning. (i know I know.....CORNER) sheesh.

Muttmeister....I love it when you answer your own questions. LOL. Lazy, Stupid, Don't Care, All three! ROFL. Okay - I have some slips started of some Plants - I think I have a spider plant, and something I can't pronounce unless I look it up. I can pack it in a baggie with water and ship it to you- not sure if it would survive the trip/heat/bouncing all over. But the offer is there. I'm really sorry about .......your plants. Other things too - but I'm just going to leave it at plants for now.

Tired Mommy - I am so very sorry to hear about your baby Kitty. Please accept my deepest apologies for the loss of your family member and know that my family is keeping you in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Much love - Star and the furbabies.

Mama05 - dumarse. Nearly sounds French.....I love it ......You Sir, are a Du'Marse. New favorite word of the day - Du'Marse. Roflm....nooooooo hey.....ROFLM SMUR'**** off. .....going out to play with my boomerang now.

Okay everyone hope you are having a better day -

BOOMERANGS AND OFF INSECT REPELLENT ALL AROUND!!!!!!

HUGS & LOVE - STAR........

Oh and my bad day?

Well......Dude was in a hit and run accident about a week ago and no one called me to tell me. He's been in the hospital and just got released yesterday. I finally got a call from him. I'm allergic to a lot of medications, but didn't ever know if he was because he never gets sick. Apparently he's allergic to a lot of the same medications and suffice to say they gave him some and it nearly killed him. He went into something close to cardiac arrest, and gave him another medication to counter the first medication that made him violently ill as well.

He has scabbing and bruising up and down his body and had to have surgery over one eye. This is the second accident - He was hit on his bike by a city bus that didn't stop either. (nice). So why wasn't I called? Yeah - well no one had my number (OH I LOVE THAT ONE) and -well Mom I didn't want you to freak out. OH OH I see----yeah you nearly die and no one can call me. Yup...no freaking out there.
...I have a birthday card for him - I still don't know his address....I asked and then I said - Or should I just SAVE THE STAMP? i mean - Dang ....do you PLAN on living to 20 -----or what? UGH. He just laughed and said "I guess so...." then told me that he and Daddy Disney fight all the time. WHOT? Fight? So I asked 'tongue in cheek' "do you and he argue more than you and I did?" and Dude said "Yeah, yeah we do." so I said sort of under my breath 'Well I can see were THAT would happen' and finally broke the tension with a few laughs out of Dude. He said 'Why because he's a @((?' and I said "Ohhhh no....because I'm so much easier to get along with - you know I never speak ill of your ----daughter." - even more yucks.

So that and the fact that lemme see - I'm now chasing my own boomerang around the yard and getting little to nothing done as far as getting the house sold have me nuttier than a cashew farm....yeah I'd say I'm ready for the State B&B...but at least NOW when I go I know if I lick my sheets? I'll get some one on one play time for at least 30 minutes OR some really good medications. ;) - either way - win/win.

Last edited:

donna723

"Sooooooo Hows our beautiful Big Boy in C-Town? I'm serious - They should take him to modeling school."

Star, you should see the latest picture they sent me! I'd post it but it's a blurry cell phone picture. It's so funny! He's 15 months old now. He had lots of dark brown hair when he was born, but then it settled in to a dark blond/light brown color, a little lighter around his face, and it stayed that way. I was kind of surprised because both parents were blond as kids. They took him in a week ago for his third haircut, a little shorter this time. And when the stylist cut it, what was underneath the light brown was PLATINUM BLOND! It looks like it's been bleached! He went in there looking like a baby with light brown hair and came out looking like a platinum blond kindergartner! He looks like a totally different kid! Different, but still cute as a button!

And poor Dude ... I bet you don't know whether you want to hug him or throttle him!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hug him........throttle everyone that HAS my number. Exactly my point of non-communication for the last 17 years with them. It's not that they don't care...it's that they don't care.

I bet your grandson is just the most kissable, squishable little man!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
husband was born with platinum blonde hair. Suddenly, at four years of age they took him in for a haircut, and what was coming in underneath was coal black! He wound up with a buzz cut because otherwise he would've looked like he had a bad bleach job growing out.

The blonde hair was a bit freaky in husband's family as he was part Turkish and had the facial features and skin coloring, right down to the folded eyelids and the nose. Not only that, but he started going grey in his late teens.

He used to tell the upcoming kids in boot camp when he was a drill sergeant that he hadn't a grey hair to his name until he started training new recruits, LoL

Star*

call 911........call 911
DF is Swedish - and platinum blonde. Except when he attempts to grow a nasty VIKING beard. OMGack.
It comes in all wirey, and pokey-mon - and red, twisty, and gray. It's like kissing a patch of spray painted, barbed wire. He thinks it's sooooo cool and he looks like one of the ZZ Top guys. I often think (to myself and you girls of course) ZZ TOP guy? OH Oh yeah (laughing) if one of them had Eric the Red knit their beard out of thistles.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Actually, it is very common for blonde men to grow out red facial hair. Not sure of the genetics behind it, but it's common.

husband never wore a full beard. He wore a goatee and drooping moustache once his military days were over. His beard came in silver and gray and was very curly and wiry as was his hair.

Part of the reason he grew the goatee was to cover burn scarring from an accident with a kerosene burner while in service. It sorta worked: except, the hair over the burn scars came in stark white.

I used to tell him he had a roan beard...just like a horse, LoL. He also grew the sort of beard where he had to shave twice a day to look presentable for business purposes. He carried a battery powered razor in his fatigue pockets for that purpose. Otherwise, he'd look fine for AM formation and get gigged for being unshaven at PM formation.

My hair started out strawberry blonde (mom's a redhead) and over the years has faded/darkened to a mousy medium brown with the occasional silver thread here or there.

I wear it so short no one can really tell...I'm the queen of razor cuts and carefully cultivate a barber or stylist who can use a razor properly.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Gee, Two Brooms, if I left cgfg at home alone today, than more than likely I left Wee home alone today, too, don't ya think? So when you just called to make sure I'd put cgfg someplace appropriate for the day, couldn't you at least humor me and pretend to care that there are TWO KIDS AROUND THE FRIGGIN PLACE, nice to know you're only worried about one.

I"m SO SICK OF THAT ENTIRE FAMILY'S BS THAT I REALLY COULD THROW SOMETHING THRU A WINDOW RIGHT NOW.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Going North - I was born bald....any hair I got after that? I appreciate fully.

Shari? When you --really could throw something thru a window? Make it a BIG friggin' rock as you drive by two brooms house, tonight.....in an unmarked vehicle....with a note, written with your left hand that says simply GET OUT OR ELSE....LOB it had too. (Author notes she is NOT responsible for anything that may come about as the result from this horrid advice, but does know where she can put you up in the pokey for a few months with a fellow board member)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm pretty sure they'd seperate us.

But three squares and someone else cleans up? Hey...its not all bad.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Hi Marcie - I'll call you. I'll even text you crazy dog pictures and funny pictures of Pootie as a bride, and a princess, and of shoes - I mean I see weird stuff all day long and just shoot random texts - ask anyone. Be glad to make you laugh any time!

She will too. I saved the Pootie as a bride picture.

Oh and Star? WHERE did you find a flight suit that fits over hooves???