Friend Found Murdered

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Star*, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Star*

Star* call 911

We just found out that a friend of ours is one of two, possibly more that have been shot and left for dead here in SC. Completely random acts of senseless violence by a very deranged person.

As if that weren't sad enough; my boss came in my office and asked if I had ever known anyone that killed himself. Well sure, a few as a matter of fact. Apparently a good friend of his shot himself this morning and leaves behind three little boys. One will be five Saturday. The little fella said "Can I still have my birthday?" It just broke his heart.

If you have a moment (not so much for us - we're okay) would you please keep these mens' families in your thoughts and prayers?
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Omg, this is just the most saddest thing I've heard today. I will hold those families and children in my prayers tonight. I'm so sorry Star, hugs~
  3. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

It breaks my heart...
  4. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Sending prayers...
  5. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

Oh Star, how awful! And how senseless! I will keep these families in my prayers.
  6. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Star. Sending prayers and hugs for the families.
  7. muttmeister

muttmeister Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for all concerned.
  8. Mattsmom277

Mattsmom277 Active Member

Heartwrenching :(
  9. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

Two of the saddest things anyone can ever experience........prayers going up.......
  10. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

OMG how horribly sad. :( Prayers going up.

11. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

OMG, those little boys....prayers for all.
  12. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

I am so sorry. That poor little boy. He will not have a really happy birthday again. Every year will be tainted by his father's suicide. I hope his family gets help to grieve and begin to eventually live again.

I am sorry about your friend, also. So tragic. I will keep prayers for them AND for you!
  13. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

How tragic Star. Prayers.....
  14. dreamer

dreamer New Member

So sad. so difficult. My uncle shhot & killed my aunt years ago, & their young children were there. The kids never did recover, My uncle went toprison, was released, & self destructed from guilt. I too know too many suicides. It affects survivors so hard. I am so sorry for these families. I will hold them n my prayers. Im so sorry
  15. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

That's just tragic. I'm so sorry.

16. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

How unbelieveably awful. :crying: I will keep those families in my prayers... I'm so sorry.
  17. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Oh Star, I'm so very sorry. Sending prayers.
  18. Star,

I'm adding my prayers for all concerned.

19. GoingNorth

GoingNorth Crazy Cat Lady

My thoughts as well. Two soldiers from husband's unit committed suicide shortly after Desert Storm...horrible that they'd been so sick, and more horrible what it did to their families.

And birthdays? husband died the day before mine. That was seven years ago and to this day I do not celebrate my birthday. I just cannot and I can't imagine ever doing so.
  20. ML

ML Guest

Yes, they will be in my heart and prayers today. How profoundly sad.