From dread to happy in 1 second

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by crazymama30, Jan 28, 2012.

1. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

So I got a phone call from an unfamiliar cell number. A boy asks me if this difficult children mom. My stomach dropped and my heart raced. Yes, I replied getting ready to hear all about what difficult child had done.

Instead he is invited to stay the night at a friends house tonight. It gets better, I know the mom and the boy, good friend amd good mom. So I can say yes! difficult child was friends with this boy in 6th grade (he is now in 8th grade) but the friendship withered as difficult children behaviors got worse.

I hope this means that difficult child is doing well at school if this boy is his friend again.

difficult child is over the moon excited.

2. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Wonderful! So nice when good things happen like that.

I remember the days when I used to just dread here the words "Are you Cory's mom?" I wanted so badly to say No. LOL.

3. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Hooray! That's awesome and I hope your difficult child can chill a bit so he has a great time. Lordy, Lordy I think all of us know about phone call fear. DDD

4. buddy

buddy New Member

that is so great. Chokes me up.

5. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

He is so amped up......i sure hope he calms down when he gets there. I am pretty sure he will, he is usually good once he is there, well as soon as we pull up

6. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

How exciting! I'm so happy for him!

7. pasajes4

pasajes4 Well-Known Member

Time to do the happy mommy dance!!!!!!!!!!

8. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reading this made my day! I hope he has a terrific evening.:)

9. Steely

Steely Active Member

Hugs....SO happy for you and difficult child :)